Thread: HELP!!!!!!!

Mexican-American Muscle

HELP!!!!!!!

so i'm driving home from school tonight and was cruising it in 5th gear on the freeway, and all of a sudden, my car starts sounding funny like it wants to turn off so i get on the side of the freeway and it does, it turns off, i have no idea why! i turned the key and it turned on like normal but it kept doing the same thing about 3 times as i was going home, i had to keep turning it back on, the idle sounds horrible, and i have no idea wat to do its not driveable because it will continue to turn off, i need help! any suggestions???? all it has done is an LM1, stock completely besides that, it has 110k miles or so on it, help!!!!!! please!!!

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I would get a fuel pressure tester and start there, sounds like you might have a weak pump!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Drop Top

Had a similar problem, Mine started sputtering, after about 40 miles starting running like it was on 4 cylinders and then shooting me the SES. Well changed the plugs and then turned the key and threw a rod because of bad head gasket. Has it ever stuck on the startup and then after a second crank started? Don't make the same mistake I did and pull your heads and give it some new gaskets. Oh yeah, I had 95K.

Mexican-American Muscle
    actually now that u mentioned it, yeah i tried turning it on before and the first one it wouldnt even start up it would just turn on the dash and radio then had to turn it a couple times to turn it on

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Drop Top

I'll tell you mine did it a about 2 or 3 times over the last year and I passed it off as electrical because my radio and windows have a loose connection somewhere. Well finally one day it started to sputter on my way to the G.F's house from Houston, I ragged a little but nothing over the top and I felt it loose a little power. Got to her house, sat for 2 days and then started it right up and drive the 20 miles to school. It consistently started to sputter more and more, kinda of like a misfire. Got to school and drove 30 miles home and by the time i was about 2 miles from my house it was running like crap and throwing me the SES light. Well passed it off as 02's and maybe plugs so I changed them. Took about two days on and off and when I was done I went to fire it up, First time it stuck, radio and lights on but no turnover (I'd best describe it like you didn't tighten your batter cables tight enough when you turned the key) . Hit it again and it fired up putting a 2 inch hole through my motor. It was over a blown headgasket that was leaking slowly over the last year and then finally decided to put my car down when enough water filled the cylinder.
    Last edited by Brutis; 07-17-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

mine had the same kind of symptoms....and it only had 23k miles at the time. I noticed the lights would flicker then when I got to the highway at cruisespeed with no gas the idle would fall really really low. so without gas sure enough it died. started up ok. got home unplugged the battery, let it sit overnight and I havent had the problem since. Now 5k miles later. I should probably get mine checked out too

Thread Information