Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

Headlamp Replacement 98 TA!

I have a 98 TA and I'm a complete newb when it comes to mechanics... But that's one of the reasons I came here. Please help me :[. What size tools and type of tools do I need? What kind of bulb do I need? What do I need to take off to get to the light lol. It all looks pretty confusing to me. Please HELP!!!! I just want to be able to walk in advance get everything I need and then fix it for myself. I gotta learn sometime :/

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

To remove the headlight you will need to turn your lights on. Then put them to where you have your parking lights on only, this will turn off your head light but leave the lights poped up. In other words turn the light switch all the way to the right...let the lights come on (pop up) then turn the switch to the middle...your lights stay poped up but are off. I believe you will need either a phillips screwdriver or a #15 torx screwdriver. I want to say there are three screws, one on top and two on the bottom. Just be real carefull not drop the screws, they can be very difficult to find if you drop it into the bumper aras. I am not 100% sure but I think the headlight you need is a 4x6. you can always ask the parts guy at the auto store, I believe the low beam and high beam are different, so just ask to make sure which is which and pick up the one you need. These cars are not like camaros they dont use bulbs the use the sealed headlights. Good luck.
    Last edited by SandmanWs7; 06-08-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Welcome to the site

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

The instructions above are pretty much right on with what you will need to do.

Its really a simply Job. You need the phillips screw driver to take off the plastic shroud around the headlights then you will need the Torx or Star bit to take the headlight out.

Like said above just ask the parts guy to lookup your car. The highbeam and low beam lights are different so make sure you get the right one.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Red
    2001 Trans Am

i believe you can do this with just removing the torx screws, i don't think you need to take off the plastic housing thing

Thread Information