have some questions about a car i might buy

2000 camaro ss

Above is the ad that i found on craigslist. Is there any one that can make sence of it and let me know if it sounds like a good deal .

I taked to the seller he said that the clutch needs to be shimmed because its a dfx clutch and it sticks at high rpms ? He also said that the car has some chips and scretchs so hes having the hole car repainted , and that the car has 104,000 miles but a bunch of stuff was rebuilt . Hes asking $10,000 but im going to trade my repsol for it but be fore i do so i want to make sure im not getting a POS

If any one can read the ad or even call this guy to find out the real story that would be great i dont know much about it to even ask so if someone can help that would be great , thanks alot

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Either the car has been a daily driver and is getting repainted due to wear and tear, or the car is beat to shit and he is trying to get back what he put into it. Even with those mods, folks here will say $10k is too much.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

lol @ sickNASTY, 10k isnt too bad but with it having over 100k i wouldnt pay a penny over 9k for it, and it needs an up graded slave cylinder, had to do that in my buddies z28 because it would stick under wot.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Crank bearings and aftermarket crank? Sounds like she spun a bearing at some point in her life. I'd pass for that kind of $$ unless the car is superclean inside and out.

this is the third time the cars has been painted he told me that the car was fucked with and the paint was keyed and chipped so he had it repainted for $6600 and that the guy who painted it did the wrong color and the clear was peeling so he has it back there to try and have him fix it , he also said that the 1st owner had leather in it but didnt like it so he put cloth in it and also was running nos but this guy took it out because there was to much going on he said , he added that he has new tires but did some burn outs with them and he went to the track and did some runs . hes asking 10,000 or best offer i asked what the best price would be and he said that he wants 10,000 firm if he gets it painted so the hole things sounds like a jerk job the ad says mint , you talk to him and it wont be ready until may ? and hes not neg because hes into it for $20,000 hahaha ok pal keep it

O and he keeps telling me that the after market clutch doesnt fit the fly wheel on these ls1 t56 trannys so i have to have it shimmed ive never heard that before has any one else ?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

He trashed that car. Never heard of shimming a clutch/flywheel. He's a tool. Move on.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Poorly written ad = poor product.

He doesn't have 500 HP with those mods. Unless I missed something, it was hard to understand that garble.

Forget that guy.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah, with those mods i think he atleast halfway knows his stuff, but 10K is definitely too much, mods don't count for much in resale, and there's no way he was 500+ with those mods. Unless he left out some things like, ported AFR heads, nitrous kit, etc, hes probably not over 425.

If the car is clean inside and out, and doesnt look ragged out, then 8-9k would be good.

for comparison, I gave 10K for my 2000 SS 2 years ago, that was with 69k miles, had been a garage queen, and included new, in the box pacesetter headers, 3" stainless exhaust, and LS6 intake...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Hmm...mewonders if "sickNASTY" is the new "PAH"?

Quote Originally Posted by flyinpastu View Post
    O and he keeps telling me that the after market clutch doesnt fit the fly wheel on these ls1 t56 trannys so i have to have it shimmed ive never heard that before has any one else ?
    Years ago you used to have to shim the throw out bearing to gain more freeplay with the clutch pedal, otherwise it would grab nearly right off the floor, made it very difficult to shift. My wifes car was this way with it's new (at the time) LS6 clutch. Rather than pull it down to shim the throwout bearing, I installed an adjustable master cylinder and cured the problem.

Maybe that is what he is talking about and he just isn't coming accross right? As far as I'm aware, I thought most of your newer aftermarket clutches solved this issue so there wasn't any worry about throwout bearing shims.

2001 CAMARO SS / Black
    2009 COLORADO V8/dk gray

Sounds like a money pit...I'd keep looking

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

Dont do it!!!!

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I will say move on. There has been way too much stuff with this car and he don't want to negociate. Keep looking around and be patient you will find the right one. It took me 4 months of research and looking around until i found mine. I wanted red but I found this one in black. It was in good shape except the interior. It wasn't torned up, it was real dirty. Nothing I can't clean. The main thing was it had 46k miles. After negociating I got the car for $8700. It needed was a good interior clean up(8 hrs of my time), passenger door switch, alignment and a good wax.

Take your time looking you will find one. I wanted mine to be stock setup. The ones i saw were modified and owners wanted alot of money. I can see those were abused as well. I have enjoyed modding my car(lightly) and it's been fun.

black
    2000 trans am

Ive been looking at alot of these cars like this one and im sure you can find somehting much better for that price. Patience is the key

white
    2002 trans am

Lol waaay too much in my opinion I was looking for one also waited about 3 months and found a 2002 trans am 34k for miles bone stock perfect condition show car for 10k couldn't be any happier

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Yep! Keep looking. You will find something much better.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I don't even have to look @ the add to know it's not worth anything near $10k..

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Don't buy it, a cheap paint job (for one) covers up alot of evils.

SteveC

red
    2000 firehawk

Run there are better cars out there. If it sound shadey it most likely is..

Thread Information