Orange
    2001 Firebird

Unhappy Have to Sell my non-moving car or A4 > M6 conversion

I live in the middle of Wisconsin and am close to having to make up my mind between selling my Procharged 2001 Formula (pics and details on ebay right now even) and converting to an M6. I have seen forums on how to, how much it might cost etc. I am looking for Somewhere that i might have this done for me as it's not something i can do.
    Years ago when i was on LS1.com there was a sponser in Ohio with + credentials and + reviews. Does anyone know who that was or if there is someone ("close" to Wis) as capable? joel

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I don't get it, why not just fix your automatic before converting or selling. Sorry if I come across harsh but why would you sell your car just because of a mechanical problem? If you use used parts the m6 conversion will be around $2,000 for just parts and close to $4,000 if you use new. There is a write up on here in the manual trans section.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

True^^

Black, Red
    01 Z28, 05 Z71

6 speed swaps are easy. I happened upon an unfortunate soul that broke his left leg in a 4 wheeler accident and he paid me with all his 6 speed stuff to install a 350 tranny in his car. I got to keep my auto and sell it to counter that cost of buying gears for the rear end so it didn't go 90mph in 1st gear. It was a pretty easy swap and made the fun to drive factor skyrocket. Even knocked a few tenths off my quarter mile even though it decreased take off traction somewhat (I'm an extremely good 6 speed driver and it's pretty rare to pick up time at the track with a standard)

Orange
    2001 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I don't get it, why not just fix your automatic before converting or selling. Sorry if I come across harsh but why would you sell your car just because of a mechanical problem? If you use used parts the m6 conversion will be around $2,000 for just parts and close to $4,000 if you use new. There is a write up on here in the manual trans section.

Was considering selling before the tranny started slipping as it was. I have had this car for a long time and have spent too much $$ numerous times because of the tranny or t/c roaching. Too much HP for even a built 4L60E. If she was an M6 she would be the perfect muscle car IMO. I have already read the conversion write ups.. i'm just looking for someone able to do it.

Black
    79 Trans Am

Honestly I have thought about seeing if somebody could do it for me also. I'm weary about doing it myself and have limited time due to my kids

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Google speed shops in your area and call for prices. Shouldn't be too much if you supply the transmission.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by IGoSlow View Post
    Was considering selling before the tranny started slipping as it was. I have had this car for a long time and have spent too much $$ numerous times because of the tranny or t/c roaching. Too much HP for even a built 4L60E. If she was an M6 she would be the perfect muscle car IMO. I have already read the conversion write ups.. i'm just looking for someone able to do it.
    I have dozens of customers with 60's alive at over 700rwhp, and about 10 with just over 800rw...

Thread Information