Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Guys please help

This is a discussion on Guys please help within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; sorry yesterday couldnt do anything, ive been working 12s at work and wife started complaining that i dont spend enough ...

pewter
    2002 camaro

sorry yesterday couldnt do anything, ive been working 12s at work and wife started complaining that i dont spend enough time with her bla bla bla so i spent yesterday with her, but today i put the alternator back on, which autozone says is good, and the exact same thing happened, it started right up it read about 10v on the gauge, it was on the red area, when i started it, then i went under and checked the voltage and it read from 8-10ish it kept on variating, then after five min voltage started to drop, ses light came on, so i just turned it off, frustrated, i checked it from the back where u screw on the wire and from a ground on dc, did i check it right

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    Check the local laws. In CT dealers cannot sell cars as-is. State mandate is 60 days or 3k safety (car must go forward, backward, lights, wipers, windows, horn, seatbelts tires, brakes, etc etc) regardless. Most states do it by price. Look into it and Im sure you can hold them to something. I highly doubt they can sell it to you as-is.
    Interesting... Anybody know about such laws for PA? Where could I find something like this? Thanks!

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 02nbmvert View Post
    Interesting... Anybody know about such laws for PA? Where could I find something like this? Thanks!
    do a search for lemon laws/ pa.... might find something

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

sorry brett23 that ur having troubles with ur car. but to tell u the true autozone sucks for starters, alternators , i know u didn't buy it their. like the guys say just take it back to where u got the car and let those basterds deal with it . as what u r saying i think its the alternator that is giving u the headache .and those fcks could of told u they changed the parts u were not their to see it so they can tell u anything. good luck man

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Yeah I agree. If that car had a pre-existing problem that they said they fixed when you bought it and its still doing it, they have to fix it. They give you any shit mention these words in this exact way......

"well im highly aware you guys tried to fix this problem and failed, this car is unsafe to drive because none of the safey features work so im taking it to a state police saftey check area and have them go over it. When I get their report I'll take it to an attorney and we'll start a lemon-law case against you. Also the BBB will be notified of this as well"

Works every fucking time!!
    Yeah, except that before you try to strongarm a business, you better know your laws (or at least the ones your going to use to threaten them.) The Lemon Law applies only to 3 yrs old or newer vehicles (this might be a state specific law as well) and its the manufacturer that will actually determine if the cars is or is not a lemon. But you should be able to go after them for a breach of contract. They signed an agreement to deliver unto you a running car. That is clearly not the case. They therefore have to make it a running car. Again, they should not have been able to sell it to you as-is unless you are either a wholesaler, have a wholesalers license, or had a wholesaler buy it for you.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28, Bolt-Ons

"it started right up it read about 10v on the gauge, it was on the red area, when i started it, then i went under and checked the voltage and it read from 8-10ish it kept on variating, then after five min voltage started to drop, ses light came on, "

Based on this, you either have a bad regulator inside the Alt, the belts are too loose, preventing the Alt from working, or there is a short in your electrical system....

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by first01SS View Post
    "it started right up it read about 10v on the gauge, it was on the red area, when i started it, then i went under and checked the voltage and it read from 8-10ish it kept on variating, then after five min voltage started to drop, ses light came on, "

Based on this, you either have a bad regulator inside the Alt, the belts are too loose, preventing the Alt from working, or there is a short in your electrical system....
    When I had this issue a few weeks ago (alternator acting all funny, gauges going haywire) it turned out to be a belt tensioner on its way out. New tensioner, no more electrical problem.

pewter
    2002 camaro

well guys it looks like i finally got it, there was a cable running from the battery to the alternator it looked fine on both ends but was covered with that black cover thing (sorry dont know what its called) i took it off and there was a spice in there about 4inches long with power cable for amplifiers, it looked like sh!+ and the black tape on it was burnt, got cable from work and put some terminals on and its working just fine now, thank you guys very much i really appreciate it you guys are awesome thanks again.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by bertt23 View Post
    well guys it looks like i finally got it, there was a cable running from the battery to the alternator it looked fine on both ends but was covered with that black cover thing (sorry dont know what its called) i took it off and there was a spice in there about 4inches long with power cable for amplifiers, it looked like sh!+ and the black tape on it was burnt, got cable from work and put some terminals on and its working just fine now, thank you guys very much i really appreciate it you guys are awesome thanks again.
    glad to hear you got it fixed....working on someone elses shortcuts can be a real pain

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by bertt23 View Post
    okay here it is i just came back from autozone and guess what? the alternator PASSED, wtf? any suggestions on what the problem might be it has a new battery and the terminal connections were replaced, im lost now i was pretty sure it was the alternator also when i took the car to the track this weekend after i ran it a few times i let it cool down, when i came back to run again it wouldnt start, after a few mins it started like nothing, dont know if this could be any clue to anything thanks for any help
    i've been dealing with this same issue on my white car since january. finally figured it out last week. the single wire connector is my problem. the wire is loose inside the connector. you push the connector in and it'll work. then some time later down the road, the wire wiggles itself around inside the connector and the signal from the PCM to the alternator stops. without this signal, the alternator won't charge. i figured it out by pressing on the connector while the car was running with a long screwdriver. when i did this, the gauge went right up.

EDIT: i see you found your issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information