Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Guess my HP?

This is a discussion on Guess my HP? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; With mods in sig and these mods, anyone care to guess what I will put down. Just want to get ...

  1. #1
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Guess my HP?

    With mods in sig and these mods, anyone care to guess what I will put down. Just want to get a general idea, I know dyno's vary and weather and all that other stuff change it but want a rough idea.

    LS6 Ported, Polished, clean up mill (64CC)
    Comp 918 springs
    LS7 lifters
    LS2 lifter trays (with half inch hole drilled in them)
    Hardened Pushrods
    Torquer V2 camshaft (232/234 .595/.598 112LSA)
    LS6 ported oil pump
    LS2 timing chain

    I was guessing around 430rwhp but have no clue. Anyone else?
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

    Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

    Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

  2. #2
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Decatur Al
    Age
    36
    Posts
    135

    NBM
    99 Z28

    I'll take a stab at it and say around 400-410.

  3. #3
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    That seems really low. I would think I would be close to 400 with just the cam. Cam advertises 45-50 rwhp gain. Thanks for posting tho.

  4. #4
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Decatur Al
    Age
    36
    Posts
    135

    NBM
    99 Z28

    you might get 430 I don't believe a cam alone any cam is good for 45 to 50 hp, but you do have good heads its gotta work as a combo. I don't know alot about heads and cams power numbers just taking a wild guess at it When you getting it dynoed?

  5. #5
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BMJ99Z28 View Post
    you might get 430 I don't believe a cam alone any cam is good for 45 to 50 hp, but you do have good heads its gotta work as a combo. I don't know alot about heads and cams power numbers just taking a wild guess at it When you getting it dynoed?
    I tend to be sceptical about advertising on parts. So the 45-50 rwhp, I am not putting too much thought into that. I will be getting it dynoed around June, when its done I have everything ready to go except

    Cam
    Oil Pump
    Timing Chain
    Head bolts

    Other then that, its ready to rock.

  6. #6
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Decatur Al
    Age
    36
    Posts
    135

    NBM
    99 Z28

    Cool man, keep us posted.

  7. #7
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Not a prob
    Anyone else with a set up like this that can chime in

  8. #8
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Those heads are 64cc stock, but you say they are milled? Why not take them down farther?

    I'd expect 415-420 with the LS6 intake.

  9. #9
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    I'd guess between 430-440rwhp.

  10. #10
    Member qwk93ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    944

    Black
    00 WS6

    Go get your car dynoed and see who had the best guess.

  11. #11
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Those heads are 64cc stock, but you say they are milled? Why not take them down farther?

    I'd expect 415-420 with the LS6 intake.
    They are 64.45 CC to be exact (at least what I have discovered) so the clean up took them to 64 CC on the dot. I would have took more off but didn't want to run into PTV issues with the Torquer V2 and the longer valves. And I forgot to mention that I will have a Frost Tune also until I can do a dyno tune after the rear end and such (EWP/Fast 90/90) So Frost, you should be seeing the PCM soon.

  12. #12
    Stang Killer TransAmFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Harvey, La
    Age
    33
    Posts
    294

    Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

    i guess 440.

  13. #13
    Member SSMOKEshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the world
    Age
    30
    Posts
    227

    black
    1999 Camaro SS

    435hp and 417 tq

  14. #14
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    check out what i made. close to your set-up. less cam but more heads.







    EDIT: i guess i should put that they are stage 2 patriot heads 59CC
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 04-03-2009 at 04:00 PM.

    02 SS
    LQ9 408 Stroker ,M6 1LE, LT's, ORY, GMMG, STG2 LS6 heads,248/254 .612/.622, Tubular LCA's, Panhard, torque arm, tranny cross-member, upper and lower a-arms, k-member, 3 point SFC's, Baer 6 pistons up-front, stock rear , Adj. coil-overs,
    12.6@120MPH

    81 Celica
    18.1 @ 85MPH

  15. #15
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    no more than 410rwhp/390rwtq or so...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

  16. #16
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Alot of different guesses. Wish it was done so I could put that bitch on and see what it pulls, time will tell. I will post ASAP as soon as I do

  17. #17
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    They are 64.45 CC to be exact (at least what I have discovered) so the clean up took them to 64 CC on the dot. I would have took more off but didn't want to run into PTV issues with the Torquer V2 and the longer valves. And I forgot to mention that I will have a Frost Tune also until I can do a dyno tune after the rear end and such (EWP/Fast 90/90) So Frost, you should be seeing the PCM soon.

    I would have at least gone to 62cc.. I really don't like that cam. After hundreds of cars, that cam consistently seems to take more time to get to idle and drive than any of other 'popular' grinds, including the upper end of the spectrum duration-wise. To be honest, this setup is a little outside of the honest intent of mail order tuning as well. I'm not saying I can't help you out...t PM me and I'll shoot you my number and we can speak about it on Monday.

  18. #18
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I would have at least gone to 62cc.. I really don't like that cam. After hundreds of cars, that cam consistently seems to take more time to get to idle and drive than any of other 'popular' grinds, including the upper end of the spectrum duration-wise. To be honest, this setup is a little outside of the honest intent of mail order tuning as well. I'm not saying I can't help you out...t PM me and I'll shoot you my number and we can speak about it on Monday.
    Can do Frost. What cam would you recommend that will make around the same power and work with the .625 lift 918's while having good PTV manners. This is the very same reason I am waiting to order my cam last. Want to get it right the first time.

  19. #19
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    I am going to go with 435 RWHP / 415 TQ. Good luck, and I hope it is more closer to the 450's!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

  20. #20
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Can do Frost. What cam would you recommend that will make around the same power and work with the .625 lift 918's while having good PTV manners. This is the very same reason I am waiting to order my cam last. Want to get it right the first time.
    Call Cam Motion. A cam rec costs like 20 bucks but when you order the grind they deduct it's cost...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So what would your guess be?
    By 35th-ANV-SS in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 01:01 PM
  2. Guess what I Saw a bit ago
    By 98formy in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
  3. Guess what?
    By grandkodiak in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 09:16 PM
  4. HP Guess?
    By sharptransam in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 06:34 AM
  5. hp guess??????
    By sunset_hawk in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 05:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •