Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

GTO O2 sensor question

I just put LTs and OR mids on my goat, and had to splice the front O2s and delete the rear O2s to make everything good, but when I went to get my car tuned, my tuner told me the front O2 sensors on my car were very weak and needed to be replaced, He also told me that a 02-03 ZO6 vettes rear O2 sensors are the same as my front ones and are long enough so that they don't have to be spliced, Does anyone know for sure?? Thanks.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yes he's correct. He's probably talking about the bosch 13111 sensors which have longer leads on them. I've also read mixed results with splicing the sensor wires. Some have no problems while others do. I would recommend either good extensions or the longer lead wire sensors. Some people don't like the bosch sensors.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Well I'm not sure if the splicing is what caused the problems or the coating on the headers, because they are ceramic coated and maybe a piece of the coating clogged the sensor or something , I'm not sure, but the 02-03 ZO6 rear O2 sensors will work? just making sure I hate throwing money away. Thanks.

Oh yeah and what's wrong with bosch? Is there anything in particular that goes wrong?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

After thinking on this a little bit I wonder what he meant by weak? Lazy maybe which would be slow switching and just kinda comes with LT's usually. Will probably be slow no matter what sensor you have in there due to them being further down stream and not as hot. The theory has always been that the vette rears have better heaters in them and would help with this problem but I read a post recently where someone contacted bosch about this and they seemed to think they would make little or no difference. I wouldn't just run out and buy sensors on a whim. You're talking $160 or so for 2 sensors so get a second opinion from someone. Specifically someone that has logging software that can look at your O2's and see what's going on.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

the left front sensor is bad, as in not working whatsoever, and the right one doesn't respond all the time, only about 25% so I will definitely need to replace them, Thanks

Thread Information