04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Green headlights

I saw a vehicle tonight with very, very green headlights. You know how HIDs can be very bluish of course, but these weren't even a comparative level of 'greenish'. They were just green, and they cast very green pools of light onto the road. Never seen anything like it. I've googled for it tonight and seen a few blurbs that mention green coloring in HIDs or Xenon lights, but haven't really seen anything truly informative. And all I've ever seen in person are bluish HIDs.

Have you folks ever seen green headlights? Are they a new, legitimate type of light? Or was this possibly something silly he did for effect? As green as they were, it doesn't seem like they could legal...

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

The lights you saw were green HID's. Manufacturers take a colored dye and add that to HID bulb with the xenon gas to give it a specific color. Anything over 10k is a color effect and no they are not legal. Im in florida and sell hid's and the law states that light coming from the vehicles headlight must be white in color. You can get away with an 8k but anything bluer than that you run a risk in getting pulled over. Also the colored bulbs tend to burn out sooner. there is a sponser on here that sells HID kits.
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Roger that. Thanks for the info. Yeah I didn't figure that deep a color could be legal. Crazy. Why do something that is going to get you pulled over?

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Most of my customers only buy them for car shows but I agree, I dont want attention from cops. Thats why mine are 6k, although for christmas last year I did ride with green HID's, and yes I got pulled over. lol

Thread Information