got er done!!!!!

This is a discussion on got er done!!!!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; 3 months,ls6,6spd conversion,cut-up knuckles,and old man knees but it fired up first pop! my first ls swap all from the ...

dark blue metallic
    2002 camaro z28

got er done!!!!!

3 months,ls6,6spd conversion,cut-up knuckles,and old man knees but it fired up first pop! my first ls swap all from the bottom,by my self with jackstands,chainfall,and a floorjack. new motors smell good when they first fire up . after watching so many reruns of overhaulin i thought i did something wrong when i had no leaks and it fired off right away. thanks ls1.com you helped me alot you folks all are great people the whole community ithank you once again now i have to learn how to post photos cause i took a bunch of them from cutting the hole for the six speed to hoisting the engine by myself. can i rest now??? later.....

White
    83 Datsun 280ZX

Quote Originally Posted by oldmano2z View Post
    ...new motors smell good when they first fire up...
    Yes they do

Congrats on the first firing up. Now jump on over to photobucket so you can post up some pics. Rest is for the weak.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Good job!!!! We neeed PICS!!!!! No Sleep Til Brooklyn!!!

Brooklyn being pictures....see what I did there?

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Good job!!!! We neeed PICS!!!!! No Sleep Til Brooklyn!!!

Brooklyn being pictures....see what I did there?
    im thing that there is some mind fucking going on right now

but we need pics for sure

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by oldmano2z View Post
    now i have to learn how to post photos cause i took a bunch of them from cutting the hole for the six speed to hoisting the engine by myself. can i rest now??? later.....

this thread will help
    http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138199

Phantom Black
    2005 GTO

Great job! My thoughts on the overhaulin crew is that they have a seven day deadline and are usually very tired and in a hurry when they are hooking up the fuel, radiator, etc. lines and doing the wiring so they are bound to not get it right the first time. You took your time and probably double checked everything before turning the key.

dark blue metallic
    2002 camaro z28

about my pictures my daughter will help me post this weekend i'm not computer savvy i have a hard time writing this but i hope i have some pictures that help someone hole cutting method of standing the car on stands .i raised it to 30 inches off the ground from the bottom of the fenders and still had to raise the body some more by bolting a short secton of chain to each strut tower and chain hoisted the body up even higher and rolled the whole assembly out on a furniture dolly.had two engine stands for swapping ls1 to ls6 . helms manuals,and alot of head scratching had the motor in the garage hid from the old lady for eight months and waited for the right time when the wife said why not skip the bullcrap and just get a gmmp motor and i said it just so happens i have one right here. she got over it bless her the 6spd came about when a cobalt ss cleaned my clock from a 100mph punch! we'll see now more to come soon about sunday or monday for pics the day after easter i guess i'll put them here under general help because it covers alot of things . later..

Thread Information