Black
    1994 Mustang GT

Question Got a 94 Stang, want to swap a ls1 into it. Anyone hear of a swap kit?

Hey guys, Ive been wishing i bought an fbody instead of the stang, but i got an amazing deal on the car and already put a little money into it. My friend gave me a T56 out of his 98 Camaro and now i plan on correcting ford's mistakes by swapping in the T56 and a ls1. I heard from someone that there is a company that sells a swap kit for my car, but i cant find any info on this anywhere. Anyone know where i might be able to find this swap kit or might know whats required to do this swap?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Well at least you've learned from your mistake and are trying to correct it!But I can't imagine a company making a kit for this-it's just not done often enough.I was working with a Mustang guy and would read his magazines sometimes-I did see a guy racing a LS-1 powered Mustang and having some success-but no kits.I have a feeling you are kind of on your own with fabricating stuff and using your own ingenuity to solve the inevitable problems.It would be the fastest Mustang on the block-good luck!!

Black
    1994 Mustang GT

Once my body work is all done and i got my paint job i think I'm going to start up on the project. The stock ls1 will give me the power i wouldve had with all the bolt ons, and later on down the road if i slap on some bolt ons ill have some impressive numbers. I work at a machine shop so I'm sure i can make any of the parts I cant find. Ill keep you guys posted, im curious to see how a mustang with a t56 and ls1 will compare to an fbody of the same specs in the 1/4 miles. Gonna be close, thats for sure.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Wow.. that is going to take alot of custom fabricating. Anyone ever wonder why the dashboards are so long on LS1's.. I guess if someone is running it, it will fit.. Just wondering how..

Black
    1994 Mustang GT

I just need to do some more research. Hoping it wont cost more than building up a 351 cause i'd much rather have the aluminum block ls1

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I certainly don't want to discourage you from doing the best Mustang mod ever, but consider this. An LS1 is rated to produce 320 hp. In order to improve on that, you're going to need to custom fab headers to connect it to some type of dual exhaust. Only then can you take full advantage of heads, cams and other upgrades.

Given the cost of mods for the engine, and the effort to make something fit there that was never supposed to be, it's not likely to cost you less than building a 351. On the contrary though, a 400-450 hp ls1 is a lot more streetable than a similar powered 351.

Whichever route you choose, good luck!

Black
    1994 Mustang GT

Thanks for the support, if i had enough money right now i would get rid of the stang and pick up a used c5 or fbody but i would lose to much money on my car. Ill probably end up going with a 347 or 393 windsor stroker but i sure wish I could have an ls1 under my hood

Thread Information