Good Buy?

This is a discussion on Good Buy? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So i keep seeing this 2002 silver Trans Am ws6 for sale and was wondering what you guys think...soo its ...

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

Smile Good Buy?

So i keep seeing this 2002 silver Trans Am ws6 for sale and was wondering what you guys think...soo its a silver 02 ws6 m6 with headers, carbon fiber lid w/ k&n, cat converter delete thats tuned out of the computer to pass inspection (car is from pa and im glad i don't have to worry about tht in ohio) pro 5.0 shifter,drive shaft safety loop, vette o2 sensors, solid tranny mount, ls7 vette clutch, slp exhaust, gray American racing torq thrust II 17" wheels 8.5" wide front, 10.5" wide rears, new 11" wide rear tires, 412 motorsports cutom computer tuned, 355 rwhp. 36k miles. The guy wants 10,500 for it but says it needs an alignment and the front tires balanced, and it has a theft recovery R title. idk i always wanted a black bird (I'm looking at an 01 ws6 m6 w/ 18k mi for 18500) but i have a friend tht can paint it for cost of paint and i said id never buy a modified car because how do you know it wasn't beat because he can always say tht he drove it calmly....so what do you guys think?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Well kind of seems like he trying to cover something up with the front end.
    Tell him to get the alignment done and the balance then test drive it to someone who can check out the front end for you. imo

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

buy the black car. i'm assuming that one isn't modded. if u dont want something modded then don't buy it. buy what you want the first time. painting the silver car the right way will be a monster and something seems fishy with the silver car. at the same time i'm sure you can get the price down on the black car you are looking at.
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 09-28-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

X2 get him to fix the alingment and balance for what? like $50 and bring it to get checked out then start talking numbers..... and i wouldnt look at if its modded its beaten even stock cars get the crap beat out of them so you cant always look at it that way....

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    i wouldnt look at if its modded its beaten even stock cars get the crap beat out of them so you cant always look at it that way....
    thats a good point. i feel like im going to go after the black bird only 18k and its in pristine condition and i feel like i could get him down to at least 16,5

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBirdWS.6 View Post
    thats a good point. i feel like im going to go after the black bird only 18k and its in pristine condition and i feel like i could get him down to at least 16,5
    i don't think you will be disappointed with that decision

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i don't think you will be disappointed with that decision
    me neither i saw one just like it over the summer for sale except it was an 02 w/ 23k mi but i think this one is a much better buy, and with 18k mi its like buying a new car

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBirdWS.6 View Post
    me neither i saw one just like it over the summer for sale except it was an 02 w/ 23k mi but i think this one is a much better buy, and with 18k mi its like buying a new car
    I sure wish my SS only had 18k on it. I'm sure its a beautiful car.

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    Well kind of seems like he trying to cover something up with the front end.
    Tell him to get the alignment done and the balance then test drive it to someone who can check out the front end for you. imo
    This.

I'd lean toward the black one, but that's way too much to a car that isn't rare at all (in the f-body world).

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    This.
    that's way too much to a car that isn't rare at all (in the f-body world).
    what do you mean and here is the ad for the black one

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1977586161.html

blue
    2001 WS6

QUOTE=2001camaroSS;2458261]I sure wish my SS only had 18k on it. I'm sure its a beautiful car.[/QUOTE]

Just turned 70K

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

yea i deff think the black one is the best route but i deff gotta work on the price, given it is a ws6 theirs the value but idk if its a 18k value i think 15-165 is about right

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Honestly, that silver car sounds like a dream come true...except the theft recovery, alignment, and tire balance. But alignment and tire balance aren't a big deal...if that all it really needs. If possible, have a shop check out the car before buying it. Tell them about your concerns of tire condition and alignment. Have them check the front end for any issues with loose or bent parts. Even if the thing needs a tie rod end, set of tires, and an alignment...still not a big deal.
    That 02 could really be a steal of a deal. Low miles, WS6, good price, nice mods you probably would be doing anyways, but now you don't have to pay for them...

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Honestly, that silver car sounds like a dream come true...except the theft recovery, alignment, and tire balance. But alignment and tire balance aren't a big deal...if that all it really needs. If possible, have a shop check out the car before buying it. Tell them about your concerns of tire condition and alignment. Have them check the front end for any issues with loose or bent parts. Even if the thing needs a tie rod end, set of tires, and an alignment...still not a big deal.
    That 02 could really be a steal of a deal. Low miles, WS6, good price, nice mods you probably would be doing anyways, but now you don't have to pay for them...
    yea i heard a theft recovery R title makes insurance cheaper is that true? but if its set up right it would be a good deal but say if the headers and exhaust arent what i want then im buying an exhaust again ha but i plan on running a lm1 (i like a loud muscular exhaust WOT and cruising) ory L/T's but idk what kind i used to think hooker but it seams like the pacesetters are a great set then a TRex cam, lid, maybe ls6 heads, underdrive pully, ls2 chain, the the slp susp set up.

White
    1998 Trans Am

The blk car is nice but price it way too high. You can pickup a mint C5 Vette for the same money here. I have been looking for a C5 or C6 for my mom since she lives in MA and the privces are higher and cars are rustier. My friend just sold his 99Z28 NBM in mint condition with 32k miles 6 spd with ls6 intake, exhaust, and tune for $10500 with a clean title.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Custom GM White
    86 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    My friend just sold his 99Z28 NBM in mint condition with 32k miles 6 spd with ls6 intake, exhaust, and tune for $10500 with a clean title.
    thats not bad at all but yea prices are high here, even 2005+ 2500hd with 100k on them are sellin for 25k which is about 5k less than what we paid for our new 09 silvy 2500hd 4x4, but their is somewhat of a demand for them here where as i could get a c5 vette very clean with less then 50k for 20 or less and for most performance cars, collector cars, etc are usually clean cause everyone puts em away for winter so rust usually isn't a prob.

Thread Information