Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting an F-Body this year...problem is, which one?

This is a discussion on Getting an F-Body this year...problem is, which one? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by brodband I dont want anything over 54k on it, and I am willing to spend somewhere up ...

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by brodband View Post
    I dont want anything over 54k on it, and I am willing to spend somewhere up in the range of 20grand +or- 2 grand. I have a squeeky clean driving record, btw. Does the WS6 T/A come with SLP?
    Firehawk=SLP
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Okay, I have been doing alot of research and have been thinking really hard about which car I want to get. I think I am going to go with the TransAm. I like the way it has a "Coke Bottle" effect to it, and since I fly planes, everytime I have ever sat in a Pontiac, I feel like Im sittin in the cockpit of an airplane for some reason. I dunno. But I am going to try and see if I can test drive one today for a few minutes. I hope everything goes well.

Tyler

weberje

Welcome to the forum, fella.

I live here in Pensacola, and bought my WS6 (my second trans am I've owned) about a month ago. I've only lived here 3 years, but I can tell you: finding an M6 out here seems to be almost impossible! Everyone drives auto. Hell, I went to the Ford dealership to look at the new Mustangs and they didn't have a stick on the lot!!!! (WTF?) I finally ended up finding a private owner in Navarre.

Chevy or Pontiac: With the LS1, you're gonna be happy- Just figure out what "wrapping" you want it in. You'll see many discussions "my stock this is faster than your stock that" - Nobody is stock anymore; you're gonna mod it anyway. I will say that I've owned a few Camaros, I like the interior of the TA better. My last Trans Am was a 2000 black m6, but no WS6 pkg. Had to get rid of it when I went to Iraq and missed it everyday since then. So now I've got my 98 WS6 and am happily mod'ing away.

Do be careful out here: folks don't drive too well out "in these parts".

weberje
    Oh, and who you fly planes for?

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

I am just in flight training right now but I fly out of Pensacola Aviation. Im training in the PA-38-112 Tomahawk

Black
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3

I have had an Auto WS6 and now M6 Regular Trans Am. The auto was fast though. I had a Yank torq converter cam headers etc.Used much more gas with the auto, but now the manuel better on gas, now headers lm exhaust and soon cam.Still better on gas. I would recommend getting a Z28 or Trans Am. The only diffrence on a SS or WS6 is the 17 inch tires and or suspension. Z28 or Trans Am has the same performance as SS, Ws6. In my opinion. Thanks

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

but he does have the money to get an SS or WS6. If I were him I'd get best I could. the SS's and WS6's look to be more collectable as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information