Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting a dead battery to charge?

This is a discussion on Getting a dead battery to charge? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; If the charger doesn't get it to take a charge, I'd spring for a new one like the others are ...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

If the charger doesn't get it to take a charge, I'd spring for a new one like the others are suggesting.

No reason you should risk blowing a battery up.

Isn't it only a $40 battery?

1966 Corvette Coupe

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c[/ame]

Unhooked the line between the batteries... put the charger strictly on the dead battery and it is reporting 60% charge... I will see what it looks like later tonight...

Y would I not just buy a battery? if you get a nail in your tire why wouldn't you just go buy a new tire instead of patching it? is it worth taking hte chance that that tire might rupture and kill you?

If you didn't try to save money on occasion you would be freaking broke... And apparently... it's worked... Saving me $40...

-me

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Hope it holds a charge for you. Not quite sure what you meant by," is it worth taking the chance that the tire might rupture and kill you".... I know I would prefer to be safe than sorry though if that's what you mean. I've never been one of those people you see on the news, who have had their house burn down, or explode, or blew their brains out, because they did something that might work or might not. You can deep fry a turkey inside, or check what's in the barrel of a blackpowder rifle with a match, and never have anything bad happen. I will just never be one of those people who does those things I guess. Or tell other people too either.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Unhooked the line between the batteries... put the charger strictly on the dead battery and it is reporting 60% charge... I will see what it looks like later tonight...

Y would I not just buy a battery? if you get a nail in your tire why wouldn't you just go buy a new tire instead of patching it? is it worth taking hte chance that that tire might rupture and kill you?

If you didn't try to save money on occasion you would be freaking broke... And apparently... it's worked... Saving me $40...

-me
    Glad to hear it took a charge, hopefully it'll hold it.

$40 > blowing a battery up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information