Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Fuzz Busters

This is a discussion on Fuzz Busters within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; now just dont be a young idiot driver speeding...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,621

    silver
    2000 formula

    now just dont be a young idiot driver speeding

  2. #22
    TerribleTed TerribleTed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California-Sacramento-Roseville
    Posts
    145

    Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

    I have an Escort 9500i on my ZX14 bike and use it in my z28 too.
    It works great and the GPS features in it help make it work better,
    Not sure why some think escort is crap-but perhaps they dont take care of there electronics.

    To those that say stupid things like (dont speed and you wont get a speeding ticket) I ask of you this-did your mom drop you on the head as a baby, because why does a person drive a Camaro with 300 plus HP not want to speed.

    and cops are as creative as clay baking in the oven....

  3. #23
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
    I have an Escort 9500i on my ZX14 bike and use it in my z28 too.
    It works great and the GPS features in it help make it work better,
    Not sure why some think escort is crap-but perhaps they dont take care of there electronics.

    To those that say stupid things like (dont speed and you wont get a speeding ticket) I ask of you this-did your mom drop you on the head as a baby, because why does a person drive a Camaro with 300 plus HP not want to speed.

    and cops are as creative as clay baking in the oven....

  4. #24
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
    I have an Escort 9500i on my ZX14 bike and use it in my z28 too.
    It works great and the GPS features in it help make it work better,
    Not sure why some think escort is crap-but perhaps they dont take care of there electronics.

    To those that say stupid things like (dont speed and you wont get a speeding ticket) I ask of you this-did your mom drop you on the head as a baby, because why does a person drive a Camaro with 300 plus HP not want to speed.

    and cops are as creative as clay baking in the oven....
    It's called going to a track...

    My boss bought a Escort radar detector and paid like $500 for his a few years ago. He hates it and it doesn't work half of the time. Maybe the newer model is better. I don't have any experience with it.

    Not sure how you "take care" of a radar detector....you plug it in and turn it off and on. Not exactly rocket science. Unless you are referring to not dropping it on the ground when transferring it from one vehicle to another. What exactly do you do to "take care" of yours? Do you disassemble it and do cleaning of the internal electrical components?




































































  5. #25
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

    Ed Blown Vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    50,746

    Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

    I have been using Beltronics for a while, just switch to Escort http://www.escortradar.com/passport9500ix-details.php

    With the GPS feature, it keeps the false alarms down.

  6. #26
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I have been using Beltronics for a while, just switch to Escorts http://www.escortradar.com/passport9500ix-details.php

    With the GPS feature, it keeps the false alarms down.
    i hope its good for that price lol

  7. #27
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

    Ed Blown Vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    50,746

    Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    i hope its good for that price lol
    Yep, already saved me from a Redlight Camera and one speeding ticket. It already paid itself.

  8. #28
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Yep, already saved me from a Redlight Camera and one speeding ticket. It already paid itself.
    nice and you have red light camera's that sucks

  9. #29
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
    I have an Escort 9500i on my ZX14 bike and use it in my z28 too.
    It works great and the GPS features in it help make it work better,
    Not sure why some think escort is crap-but perhaps they dont take care of there electronics.

    To those that say stupid things like (dont speed and you wont get a speeding ticket) I ask of you this-did your mom drop you on the head as a baby, because why does a person drive a Camaro with 300 plus HP not want to speed.

    and cops are as creative as clay baking in the oven....
    good point bro

  10. #30
    Junior Member disc0monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    35

    blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6 6M

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I had a bunch of tickets at your age. Had my license revoked more than once. I never bitched about the cops. They are doing one thing their job. I was speeding etc my fault. And yes I felt that way then and do now. If you speed the fault is on you and you alone.
    and thats your opinion.

  11. #31
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
    and thats your opinion.
    Who's fault would it be exactly that YOU, the driver, was speeding in YOUR car? I'm interested to see how this is "an opinion" and not a point blank fact.

    As a driver, it is your responsibility to obey the laws of the road, which would include staying at or below the speed limit.

    They only way I can see this being an argument is if the speed limit was not posted.

    Obviously everyone speeds at some time or another. However, when you do you are weighing the risk involved. Is it more important that I get somewhere a few minutes quicker and risk getting pulled over (and hence being even later than originally planned AND being fined at the same time)?

  12. #32
    Junior Member disc0monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    35

    blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6 6M

    yeah your right man cops always right.
    Last edited by disc0monkey; 11-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.

  13. #33
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    You know instead of buying those radar detectors, you could build a circuit that fools the radar gun when it's shot at you. What it does is base what you set the speed setting at and when they they take your speed with the radar gun it will read what ever you set it at. They aren't that hard to make but I am not going to say how to make it, since I believe they are highly illegal. I am sure you can find out on google though. Another suggestion is what is called a radar jammer or scrambler. Jammers work in one of two ways. Old designs just blasted out electronic noise on all of the frequencies used by radar guns (simultaneously triggering radar detectors in the vicinity), but the best of today's jammers are designed to sense, scramble and rebroadcast on the exact same frequency it is receiving. Generally, the jammer sends back a seemingly legitimate signal that simulates a target that is rapidly decelerating and then accelerating at rates so extreme (such as zero to 500 mph and back to zero in less than a second), the radar gun goes into a loop and never achieves or displays a confirmed speed reading. This is better than wideband noise broadcasting, which doesn't optimize at the particular frequency used by the radar gun in front of you.

  14. #34
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    You know instead of buying those radar detectors, you could build a circuit that fools the radar gun when it's shot at you. What it does is base what you set the speed setting at and when they they take your speed with the radar gun it will read what ever you set it at. They aren't that hard to make but I am not going to say how to make it, since I believe they are highly illegal. I am sure you can find out on google though. Another suggestion is what is called a radar jammer or scrambler. Jammers work in one of two ways. Old designs just blasted out electronic noise on all of the frequencies used by radar guns (simultaneously triggering radar detectors in the vicinity), but the best of today's jammers are designed to sense, scramble and rebroadcast on the exact same frequency it is receiving. Generally, the jammer sends back a seemingly legitimate signal that simulates a target that is rapidly decelerating and then accelerating at rates so extreme (such as zero to 500 mph and back to zero in less than a second), the radar gun goes into a loop and never achieves or displays a confirmed speed reading. This is better than wideband noise broadcasting, which doesn't optimize at the particular frequency used by the radar gun in front of you.
    damn if those work i want one

  15. #35
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    damn if those work i want one
    it's definitely illegal and the radar jammers don't really work
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 11-05-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    2012 Regal GS

    2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

  16. #36
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

    Ed Blown Vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    50,746

    Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Who's fault would it be exactly that YOU, the driver, was speeding in YOUR car? I'm interested to see how this is "an opinion" and not a point blank fact.

    As a driver, it is your responsibility to obey the laws of the road, which would include staying at or below the speed limit.

    They only way I can see this being an argument is if the speed limit was not posted.

    Obviously everyone speeds at some time or another. However, when you do you are weighing the risk involved. Is it more important that I get somewhere a few minutes quicker and risk getting pulled over (and hence being even later than originally planned AND being fined at the same time)?

    I do admit, some roads are clearly posted way to slow. So when you think you are going at a safe speed, you could be going over the posted speed limit.

  17. #37
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    it's definitely illegal and the radar jammers don't really work
    Actually they do, I know from personal experience. I have made one and used one. If you know anything about radar rays it is fairly easy to manipulate them.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 11-05-2010 at 05:24 PM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Actually they do, I know from personal experience. I have made one and used one. If you know anything about radar rays it is fairly easy to manipulate them.
    i'm talking about the supposed jammers in the radar detectors themselves. those do not work. http://www.radarjammer.com/. i have heard of a kit thats extremely expensive and you put something in the headlights and taillights and the radar comes back with a 0

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    129
    2000 Trans Am

    My passport 8500 wasn't good at all. Everytime I went WOT the thing went haywire. Its not too uncommon in F-bodies. Escort said they could add some "shielding" to it but it would obviously be less sensitive. Put it in my daily driver and it would over heat on the dash. I just gave it away eventually. This was about 4 years ago. Had a cheap cobra for 2 car rides before that was released out the window at 45 mph out of frustration with it.

  20. #40
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    You know. i wrote this thread intending to find out the pros and cons of different radars. lol not to start a site-wide arguement about pointless and indifferent views. we all have our own opinions that were formed due to interactions with them. so are..."less accepted" than others.
    but anyways. you stated that the 8500 has some interferance at WOT. my Cobra did the same sometimes when it was hot. i just wonder how the 9500 would do... ive narrowed to the 9500 and the V8...

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    You know instead of buying those radar detectors, you could build a circuit that fools the radar gun when it's shot at you. What it does is base what you set the speed setting at and when they they take your speed with the radar gun it will read what ever you set it at. They aren't that hard to make but I am not going to say how to make it, since I believe they are highly illegal. I am sure you can find out on google though. Another suggestion is what is called a radar jammer or scrambler. Jammers work in one of two ways. Old designs just blasted out electronic noise on all of the frequencies used by radar guns (simultaneously triggering radar detectors in the vicinity), but the best of today's jammers are designed to sense, scramble and rebroadcast on the exact same frequency it is receiving. Generally, the jammer sends back a seemingly legitimate signal that simulates a target that is rapidly decelerating and then accelerating at rates so extreme (such as zero to 500 mph and back to zero in less than a second), the radar gun goes into a loop and never achieves or displays a confirmed speed reading. This is better than wideband noise broadcasting, which doesn't optimize at the particular frequency used by the radar gun in front of you.
    on the other hand...i doubt that most cops would know if it was a true jammer or not... theyd probably think it was another everyday detector

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pics of the SCM dave and busters cruise.
    By 01SOMSS! in forum Western Members
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 09:32 PM
  2. SCM & friends Dave and busters cruise 12/5
    By 01SOMSS! in forum Western Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 07:56 PM
  3. Knuckle Busters Related Stories - CHP Garage
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 11:20 PM
  4. Rice Busters!
    By Knighthawk LS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 08:17 PM
  5. Dave & Busters 09.30.06 1500hrs
    By JD_Z28 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 10:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •