Fuel tank/ filler neck blockage?

This is a discussion on Fuel tank/ filler neck blockage? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So I went to fill er up and pulled the trigger and it started to piss out the drain and ...

Awaiting Activation

navy blue
    1999 Trams Am

Fuel tank/ filler neck blockage?

So I went to fill er up and pulled the trigger and it started to piss out the drain and all over the place. I pulled out the hose and the gas was just sittin there in te filler neck. The gas wouldn't go down. I knew it wasnt full less than 2 gallons in it and only what went in the fill neck. Thought some one may have jammed something down there so i took a look. I got a flash light and a long hose and tried fishing around and i came to a stop. I pushed a little harder and push my way through as I'm geussing about 15 psi of pressure was released and forced the gas back out the filler neck and all over me. Is there a valve at the bottom of the filler neck at the tank? I dont think th is is goin to be a one time thing.

99PontTA
    safety feature on these cars is a roll over valve in the fuel tank to prevent fuel leakage.I don't have any more info about it but a dealer would probably be the 1st ones to ask whats going on inside your tank.Have to done any doughnuts or wild driving maneuvers recently? something like that might force the valve shut.

Thread Information