Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Fuel rail covers question.

This is a discussion on Fuel rail covers question. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Bit of a thread resurrection but it seems like the best place to post as it is a follow on ...

2002 WS6 TA

Bit of a thread resurrection but it seems like the best place to post as it is a follow on question
    if you like?!

Just recently i bought a pair of Corvette covers from a guy in Nebraska and he described them
    as needing a bit of a clean and maybe painting. All ok as i planned to do a hydro dip in a
    carbon effect on them.

When they got here i gave them a good scrub with some sudsy hot water and a nail brush
    and they came up like new with no marks at all. They really do look brand new so no hydro-
    dip after all!

So.... my question. The drivers side went on without too much hassle and all i had to do
    was remove that spring steel wire clip from down the back of the fuel rail as it seemed to be
    stopping it go right down. It was and once gone the cover fits ok.

Now.... is there a secret to getting the passenger side on as it is a nightmare to fit! It just
    seems to jam up near the back on the outside and refuse to go back enough?? Also i realise
    most people cut a chunk out to allow for a fit by the throttle cable bracket but again i hate to
    have to cut so i am going to get busy and make a replacement throttle cable bracket to avoid
    notching at the front corner. I will post pics of this once done and maybe it will be a good

I have looked at loads of posts and pics and i wonder... is it ABSOLUTELY necessary to notch
    for the dipstick tube or can that be "eased" over sufficiently and avoid notching?

Here is a pic of the drivers side and you can also see the stainless brake reservoir cover and
    the power steering cover which i made up last week at work. You can buy similar at
    Afterthoughts but that would mean spending money!!

Any thoughts welcome on getting the darned thing to fit!?

Super Moderator
    Mansfield, PA

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Earlier in this thread I posted a pic of my covers. That is pretty much what they need to look like in order to fit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information