Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Fuel Rail Cover Fitment Issue

I bought a set of corvette fuel rail covers thinking i could do a little cutting and painting and call it a day.... well i was wrong

The passenger side sits absouletly perfect and couldnt ask for a better fit,
    now the drivers side is a different story...

Ive cut around the EGR/AIR or whatever module at the back, cut around the fuel rails and ive also cut around the throttle cable holder thingy.

Ive cut around everything but it seems the still be bound up. its clips at the bottom good but at the top where the fuel rails are, it sits to far forward. the front clip doesnt even sit on the fuel rail, it sits between the rail and the shrader valve where it gets real thin and doesnt hook on tight. the back for what ever reason just dont even hook on....

i dont know if this is a problem with the way that this particular fuel rail cover was made or if im just doing it wrong

I know im asking for an answer i prolly wont get, but i figured it was worth a try cause im bout to trash them, so if anyone has figured this out before id appreciate some help
    Last edited by 64MonGooSe64; 11-25-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Yer right, ..., Yer doin' it wrong.
    Fit the driver's side cover to match the intake manifold 'humps', & don't worry about the clips on the coil packs.
    Then at least it'll clip onto the fuel rail tube.

And, instead of 'cutting around the throttle cable holder thingy', you should've just used a 10mm socket to remove the nut & then remove bracket all together.

Do you have the '2-slot, 97-98' covers, or the later single slot covers?
    Hopefully the 2-slot covers.

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Yea i have the 2 slot ones and it seems to fit fine around the fuel lines... its just kind of crossed up if that makes any sense. and for some reason it wont go back any further without twisting it. im gonna take one last look and move all the wireing underneather to get it as low as possible and then if that dont work im giving up.
    its likes the 1st and 3rd coil pack clips are to far forward.
    2nd one is perfect
    and the fuel rail is to far back...

if you can picture how that would look its almost shaped like a rombus or something of that nature on a smaller scale of course.

it just doesnt line up, but who know it might just be be me

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Find out what's making it 'look like a rombus' & move it. If it's wiring or AIR tubing, or something else.
    Align the arches, or intake humps, with the intake manifold profile & then don't worry about the other clips if they don't line up. It's typical.
    I'd show some installed photos, but with the hosting limits here on LS1.com, I have no current image room. And I'm not hosting somewhere else.
    If necessary, send me a PM with your email address & I'll send a bunch of installed photos to see if they'll help any.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There is quite a cut on the back of the driver side cover. This may help:

golden
    Maruthi Zen

We own a workshop in Abu Dhabi and we sometimes get to do such work. The Corvette fuel cover thingy is a bit of a task to cut and fit in. It is a quite simple thing to do, but it more often frustrates us. You have to check the wiring and air-tubing underneath. The wires should be made like a rhombus and everything fits perfectly. The clips on the driver side should not be a problem anymore.
    Last edited by hara45; 12-21-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Thread Information