Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fuel Pressure Very Important

This is a discussion on Fuel Pressure Very Important within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; What about the fuel injectors? Whats the proper way of checking them? Have you gave it the seafoam treatment? That ...

NBM
    2000 Z28 A4 273 gears

What about the fuel injectors? Whats the proper way of checking them? Have you gave it the seafoam treatment? That stuff works. Ive had good luck with it.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

sounds the same as when my fuel pump was dieing.......it would not start unless i turned on the key and let it set for a couple mins then i could start it...........

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Thanks. I'll do that. And for the record I don't hose the motor in starter fluid. I first had the problem saturday. And it will turn over great and all. A one second burst then put the boot back on and she fires right up! I can shut it off, restart, shut it off, restart all day long no problem. If it sits for a few minutes then it won't start up again. So I have not restarted it but twice with the starter fluid. I do hear the pump prime up. And the parts stores here want $40+ for a stupid gauge. I do need to check it. The voltage/amp check sounds good. What could be wrong with the starter? I have asked the dealer and several friends and they lean more towards fuel or ignition switch issues. The car will pop start as well. WHAT ABOUT CRANK SENSOR????? I have problems finding it at parts stores. Ebay has em. What's the verdict? Could that be my problem. Thanks again. You guys make me feel like there is hope afterall!!!!!!!!!!!

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

What do you mean by not starting? Does it crank over when you turn the key?

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Cranks like a champ. Got a brand new battery. O.K. I got a FPG and the p.s.i. is holding at 50 after I crank it over. It spikes to about 55 then drops to 50 and stays. Is that too low? I also bought a good digital 10MEG OHM (whatever that is) multimeter. I guess I didn't use it right cuz I got no results checking the fuse location. DAMN SMALL FUSES I BROKE THE TIP OF MY LEAD OFF TRYING TO MAKE IT STAY. Anyway, I guess p.s.i. is good. I can look at the voltage drop test tomorrow. I tried starter fluid again and I got it to cough a few times but never did it start up. Why is this so hard? I took 5gs out of the bank for this car that I convinced my wife I needed and I could sell my pimp ride(which has not happened) and now this POS won't run. And I have three cars one I don't need and the newest one is a pile of junk! Help me here. WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT? Like I said, if I push start it it acts normal. So it does run, I have established that. Hell, I drove it 1400 miles last week! WTF??!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Black

There is an ignition relay under the hood. Try swapping it out with one of the fan relays and see if it will start.

Fuel Pressure is fine.

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Doin that now.

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Ed, if that is your REAL name.............IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm guessing I need new fan relays. You rock, all you other guys thanks for the help too. Now I have 65$ in a meter and a fuel pressure tester. Guess it's cheaper than the stealership. I will try and start it tomorrow. THANKS YOU ALL

Black

Glad it worked out.

If you plan on driving it, keep an eye on your engine temps. The fans won't function quite the same with one fan relay missing.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Ed-

Wicked good call man! I wouldna never guessed that. Hell, I've never even heard anyone talk about those relays before. Where are they located?

-Eagle

Black

Thanks.

They are under the hood, on the driver-side clearly labeled.

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Glad it worked out.

If you plan on driving it, keep an eye on your engine temps. The fans won't function quite the same with one fan relay missing.
    Actually. I swapped both fan relays for both the other two under there. The numbers on them were the same for all 4 relays. Is that right? Like I've said this car has been rode hard and put up wet. I am missing the cover on the one closest to the headlight.

Black

You probably didn't need to change out the starter one. But yes, they are all the same. Be very careful. Your fans won't work well and you will overheat at low speeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information