The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Fuel Pressure gauge hook up problem.

I just installed an A pillar tri-gauge pod on my T/A. One of them is a electric fuel pressure gauge and came with a sending unit to hook into the fuel rail. I've been trying to find out where it goes but haven't found it. Tech support said I had to buy an adapter that would allow it to thread to the schrader valve. Has anyone hooked up an electrical fuel press. gauge? And if so could you tip me off on how to do this? Also a trans temp gauge, where does that hook up to? I know on the transmission but where?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I ran my trans temp in the pan, pull the pan down, drill and tap a hole for the sending unit, clean all shavings out, put the pan back up and run all the wires.

With the fuel pressure guages, you have to remove the schrader valve, some require a fitting or "adapter" to mate the line to the sending unit. Which brand did you go with? Did they tell you the size of the adapter to use?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    I ran my trans temp in the pan, pull the pan down, drill and tap a hole for the sending unit, clean all shavings out, put the pan back up and run all the wires.

With the fuel pressure guages, you have to remove the schrader valve, some require a fitting or "adapter" to mate the line to the sending unit. Which brand did you go with? Did they tell you the size of the adapter to use?
    J
    How do you remove our schrader valve? It looks like its pressed in or something. Does it just scew out? Thanks for your help. Oh by the way I have a M6 tranny with no pan.

white
    1993 gmc typhoon

you take the schrader valve out with a valve core tool like the one you take valve cores out of a tire.

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon1110 View Post
    you take the schrader valve out with a valve core tool like the one you take valve cores out of a tire.
    Ok so your not actually pulling the whole valve assembly out just the core. Where do I get a double female adapter that will fit my 1/8" NPT sending unit to the schrader valve threads? Those threads aren't standard threads or even pipe threads. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

If you goto your local parts store they will have a valve stem removal, instailation tool. Same exact one that you use on car tires. Should be in the tire repair section.
    As far as fittings you can check your local parts stores, napa has alot of fittings on hand, if not, your going to have to order them offline.
    J

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

As for your question with the temp gauge for the manual trans, Ive never seen one done before. You would probably have to drill and tap into the case in which its really not worth the trouble. Almost all the guys that I know that run temp gauges have auto transmissions.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    As for your question with the temp gauge for the manual trans, Ive never seen one done before. You would probably have to drill and tap into the case in which its really not worth the trouble. Almost all the guys that I know that run temp gauges have auto transmissions.
    Thats because you don't need one on a 6 speed. Autos get hot from all the slipping, where a manual has nothing but gears in it as apposed to all the clutch disc in the auto. Manual trannys don't really get to hot, and if they do get a little hot, there isn't much to be damaged unless it gets absurdly hot (not good), which it shouldn't unless something is already wrong with it, which you should be able to tell just by going through the gears.

I'd just sell the trans temp gauge and get a A/F gauge (if that isn't your third gauge, you didn't say) or a water temp gauge since they basically dont work worth a shit on 99-02 cars.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I'd just sell the trans temp gauge and get a A/F gauge (if that isn't your third gauge, you didn't say) or a water temp gauge since they basically dont work worth a shit on 99-02 cars.
    I agree, I have a AEM wide band in mine, and its really nice

Thread Information