With fuel line question

This is a discussion on With fuel line question within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I am putting in an L99 in my '65 GTO restomod project and need some help with the fuel lines. ...

1965 GTO

With fuel line question

I am putting in an L99 in my '65 GTO restomod project and need some help with the fuel lines. On my LS1 project, I got the engine with an AN6 mail on the fuel rail, on the L99 it just has a regular steel line like I should just slip on a fuel line and use a hose clamp. My question here is that I like the look, and ease of use, of the AN6 connectors but don't know the best way to transition from the current fuel rail connector to the AN6.

Also, with the regulator, same kind of question on the input and return lines. I also noticed that the output of the regulator has some kind of funky connector and was wondering what I need to order here. The LS1 I did on my previous project already had something on the regulator that provided a male AN6 connector.

Also, what size hardline should I run from the tank to the regulator? I am planning on stainless braided line between the regulator and the fuel rail but have to run the hardline to the tank from scratch and need to know what size I should run. Was thinking 3/8 but am not sure.

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You can get fuel line fittings that allow AN fitting on one end and push on (clamp) on the other. Look around....something like this

You can get them in Chrome/90 degree/Male/Female...whatever.....

For your application 3/8" would be correct.

My first car...1965 GTO.....

By the way....just outside Madison...is there a bar called Rebels Roost still there?
    Last edited by Sarge; 12-23-2010 at 05:12 AM.

1965 GTO

Thanks for the help, have some experience with those and planning on that route. What I was wondering about was the special connector on the regulator output side, that looks like some kind of push in connector or something. On my Jeep, this had a AN6 male on the end so that worked out great.

Sorry, can't help on Rebels Roost, but it sounds interesting.

Will have to post some shots of the '65 when I get closer. Been doing a frame off, and just got the engine mounted to the chasis this last week. Lots of wiring and plumbing to do then hope to get things fired up this spring.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

On the quick connect fittings.....you can get replacement fittings from AutoZone/PepBoys etc......are they like this?
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...96b43f8038ecec

1965 GTO

I think that is it exactly. I have the female version on the regulator, and on my LS1 the opposite on the fuel rail.

A quick related question, if I went with an aftermarket regulator, what pressure range do I want for the LS series? Specifically a L99 in this case. Is this a range between 25-75?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Mine ( 2004 GTO 408 Stroker motor) runs 62lbs WOT and 58'ish at idle and cruising around.....LS1's run the same....+/- a tad ....

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I suspect your rail has a quick connect setup. There are several places that sell quick connect to AN adapters like this.

Thread Information