Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Freaking Slave cylinder line wont come off the tranny!!

iv spent 2 hours trying to get the SO CALLED "quick disconnect line" off the tranny that goes to the gey slave cylinder, the new slave came with a "tool" to remove it, well i cant even get the tool thing to fit on.........i tried using screw drivers, i got that white plastic thing all the way up in there and it STILL dont come apart..........any IDEAS???

fuk doing clutches your self the first time, take it to a good shop and watch them do it the first time, the dowl pins were rusted and we wiggled that tranny around a hour before it broke loose, plus we spent ANOTHER how trying to get the top bolt out.

I got a 3" gap between the tranny and bellhousing, and it seems stuck.

primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    iv spent 2 hours trying to get the SO CALLED "quick disconnect line" off the tranny that goes to the gey slave cylinder, the new slave came with a "tool" to remove it, well i cant even get the tool thing to fit on.........i tried using screw drivers, i got that white plastic thing all the way up in there and it STILL dont come apart..........any IDEAS???

fuk doing clutches your self the first time, take it to a good shop and watch them do it the first time, the dowl pins were rusted and we wiggled that tranny around a hour before it broke loose, plus we spent ANOTHER how trying to get the top bolt out.

I got a 3" gap between the tranny and bellhousing, and it seems stuck.
    I've had that connection get 'crooked' on me and not want to come out. Try pushing the fittings back together with a pair of channel locks then give it another shot.

get the correct tool for disconnecting those lines, any pepboys or autozone will have it. its only $8-$12 and it makes life so much easier!

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

oops i split the bell housing from engine first instead of tranny first.

can you belive we actuall got the top bolt out of bellhousing be4 we took the tranny out???

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

a flathead screw driver and pliers, ppo off the quick disconnect pretty easy.

Ive done many trans pulls, clutch swaps and hydraulic swaps. maybe one of these days I will buy the right tool for the quick disconnect... LOL

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've used the screwdriver-pliers method for quick disconnects myself. Finally broke down and spent the $12 or so for a whole set of them. They do make life much easier for just a little bit of cash.

Black
    99 Trans am Convertible

i know this thred is old but if u cant get the quick dissconnect to work for you, u can use a 1/2" copper coupling to get it off. just use a grider or somthing to cut it down the middle. spread it apart and slide it over. pinch it back on and push it up. once the pins are pushed out of the way it should pull right out.

Thread Information