Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Fram Extended Guard

This is a discussion on Fram Extended Guard within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by SSTODD I just bought the framXG at wallyworld here in MI for under $8, like $7.50 for ...

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    I just bought the framXG at wallyworld here in MI for under $8, like $7.50 for the Camaro p/n small filter. Also picked up the QS ultimate 10-30 5qt. for $19.
    They raised the Pennzoil prices now so everytime Sarge recommends a new oil it only stays cheap for a little while.
    Ya I've noticed Wally World here keeps going up and down on their prices. I use Valvoline full synthetic. Buying it in the gallon jug now has 5 qts in it. (they put an extra in there supposably).
    Sometimes it's $19 for a gallon, sometimes it's $21. And sometimes it's $25.

I wait until I see it for $19 or $21 and I buy 5 or 6 of them. That holds me off for a few months so I can avoid the higher $25 prices.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    I just bought the framXG at wallyworld here in MI for under $8, like $7.50 for the Camaro p/n small filter. Also picked up the QS ultimate 10-30 5qt. for $19.
    They raised the Pennzoil prices now so everytime Sarge recommends a new oil it only stays cheap for a little while.
    Sounds like you bought the Tough Guard there big boy. Not the Extended Guard. QSUD is great oil.
    I dont control the oil prices boys and girls. If I did it would be $50 bucks a quart.
    You may look at Amsoil Prefered Customer program and go with their GRP III stuff. It is around $5 a quart these days and is one stout lil oil.
    Talk to CompSyn about it. I rank it above PP/QSUD and Mobil1 personally.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Sounds like you bought the Tough Guard there big boy. Not the Extended Guard. QSUD is great oil.
    I dont control the oil prices boys and girls. If I did it would be $50 bucks a quart.
    You may look at Amsoil Prefered Customer program and go with their GRP III stuff. It is around $5 a quart these days and is one stout lil oil.
    Talk to CompSyn about it. I rank it above PP/QSUD and Mobil1 personally.
    No sir, it has the XG p/n and the special box. We get a discount for living up here in this hellhole. lol

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Its a case by case thing and these things change fast(like Sarge said). There were a few Champ filters that seemed really nice (the 48 and 2129 comes to mind) but now I think the 48 is ecore and I think the AcDelco 48 is ecore now also (it doesn't have the "E" at the end though). AcDelco started phasing in the Ecore on their non-GM vehicle filters but kept the GM filters (44, 46, 48, 61, etc) the better quality ones. Now you just have to check out when you buy to see what design your getting.
    I wanted to revisit this quickly. I looked through a few ACDelco filters today at work. The normal GM car and truck filters all appear to have gone to the E-core design. The 46 now has an "e" making it a 46e. Thats the one for our LS1 F-bodies.
    The only exception is the 48 which is for the newer LS-engine trucks(like 2007 and newer) and the Traverse suvs. Looks like a good filter and feels nice and heavy.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah the 48 is not the E-Core design.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM

Thread Information