Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Fram Extended Guard

This is a discussion on Fram Extended Guard within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Yeah....with the current 5K interval I change my oil.... The ACDelco that comes factory on my cars is perfectly fine ...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Yeah....with the current 5K interval I change my oil....
    The ACDelco that comes factory on my cars is perfectly fine with me.

I have trouble trusting any Fram filter after all the horror stories. While I am sure it is much better than the typical Fram (UOA's are showing it is)....it is still the same cheap ass name I do not trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    LOL.....You got your e-teeth in this one don't you pal?
    Some here have said the same about you, kind sir.

Wink Researching

LOL.....You got your e-teeth in this one don't you pal?
    OK...dont use paper filters....I dont....
    Well, I came across George Morrison’s bold statements about Amsoil EaO filtering efficiency and had to look into it further. I wanted to check his credibility which has lead me to a vast collection of url links and direct quotes; some of which you’ve seen here.

And since you have way of beating the truth out of topics, I’ve set to researching his works further after rediscovering the PetroLiance press release with regard to the text, “A published author with expertise in fuel, filtration and additives”.

Haven’t been to the Library in years and now I’m muddling through vast data bases looking for works by author George Edward Morrison…

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Yeah....with the current 5K interval I change my oil....
    The ACDelco that comes factory on my cars is perfectly fine with me.

I have trouble trusting any Fram filter after all the horror stories. While I am sure it is much better than the typical Fram (UOA's are showing it is)....it is still the same cheap ass name I do not trust.

Some here have said the same about you, kind sir.
    WTF are you babbling about? I was talking to CompSyn not you.

Back on track here....I do not allow marketing nor internet rumor distract me. I look at the product. Stand alone. AC Delco has gone the WalMart route (see SuperTech).....The Fram Extended Guard filter construction/materials is on par with Mobil1's filters. Lemme see. Internet "rumor" or facts. SuperTech or Mobil1 quality? You use whatever you care to.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Well, I came across George Morrison’s bold statements about Amsoil EaO filtering efficiency and had to look into it further. I wanted to check his credibility which has lead me to a vast collection of url links and direct quotes; some of which you’ve seen here.

And since you have way of beating the truth out of topics, I’ve set to researching his works further after rediscovering the PetroLiance press release with regard to the text, “A published author with expertise in fuel, filtration and additives”.

Haven’t been to the Library in years and now I’m muddling through vast data bases looking for works by author George Edward Morrison…

CompSyn
    Attack huh? OK.....like I said....use whatever you wish. I could care less.
    This thread is about/a discussion on Frams XG line of filters....not some dead guys comments on outdated/historic element material.

Smile Misunderstandings

Attack huh? OK.....like I said....use whatever you wish. I could care less.
    This thread is about/a discussion on Frams XG line of filters....not some dead guys comments on outdated/historic element material.
    Oh no, didn't mean that comment as an attack or anything.

Quite the contrary, I've enjoyed the discussion quite well. No problems here.

Purely text communication often has a way of giving way to misunderstandings.

Anyway, that leads to a question. Have you elected to upgrade any of your UOAs to include ISO particle counts?

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL.....I have been using NAPA for UOA's these days.
    With the new cam etc. in the Silverado I am going to start a new trend data book .....you make a good point though with the ISO.

Maybe we should ask Mr. Luos what he thinks?

Sarge, What is your thoughts on the Vavoline Synpower Full Synthetic? I go on a 3-4K oil change schedule with this oil. Sorry for the side step of the topic here and thanks for any info.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'll talk oil in the shitter at the airport with the guy in the next stall. So no issue...
    Valvoline is one of the best values out there in my humble opinion. Excellent UOA's.
    Curious of your OCI choice. Did you base it on anything?

I use the valvoline synpower as well, not just the 4th gens but in a few of the older cars as well.

I'll talk oil in the shitter at the airport with the guy in the next stall. So no issue...
    Valvoline is one of the best values out there in my humble opinion. Excellent UOA's.
    Curious of your OCI choice. Did you base it on anything?
    Mostlyout of habit but I do a fair bit of very short drives. I live 2 miles from where I work so the engines barely get warmed up. I do try to take a nice drive to get the drivetrain fully warmed up to burn off any condensation weekly but still go with the shorter OCI

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I use the valvoline synpower as well, not just the 4th gens but in a few of the older cars as well.
    I am using it in my 01 Z28 and 03 Grand Cherokee Overland. I hope to have both for quite some time to come so I want to use good quality fluids and filters.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Mostlyout of habit but I do a fair bit of very short drives. I live 2 miles from where I work so the engines barely get warmed up. I do try to take a nice drive to get the drivetrain fully warmed up to burn off any condensation weekly but still go with the shorter OCI
    A man with rational thinking adjusting his OCI to accomodate driving habits. I'll be damn......good man. Your engine will outlast the body.

Thanks I try and I hope the bodys stick around on both just as long. I appreciate the info you and Firebird gave.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

the monte carlo ss is due for a oil change soon,i am gonna get 5w30 mobil clean 5000 and the fram extended guard.

back in the day when i worked as a tech at a Ford dealer,we sold and used BG products including their MOA oil additive,seemed like very good products,especially their fuel system cleaner,any experience with the MOA,Sarge?
    http://www.bgprod.com/products/engineoil.html

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

There is no need for anything added to a quality oil like 5000. Does absolutely nothing.

Post Driving habits

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I have vary similar driving habits. I'm lucky enough to live only 3 miles from work and only do a couple highway trips a year. My annual mileage is between 3-to-5K. 5K annual mileage is about average for most Americans.

Despite my driving habits, the water found in my UOAs are not at an abnormal level, <.1%. My oil change intervals have been at 12-month intervals, e.g., changing oil 75% less than commonly held wisdom would have us do and completely supported safe as per UOA.

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Actually he makes a good point. If your modifications are not to radical ie heads/cam/turno/blower etc. You may be a candidate for extended drains.
    But I know you kids....you got your SLP lid on there sucking that dirt in like there is no tomorrow....fess up....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Actually he makes a good point. If your modifications are not to radical ie heads/cam/turno/blower etc. You may be a candidate for extended drains.
    But I know you kids....you got your SLP lid on there sucking that dirt in like there is no tomorrow....fess up....

SLP lid... but it is clamping down an Amsoil Ea air filter.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL.....best money can buy. I stand humbly in your shadow.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by som ss 2001 View Post
    You sir are correct! I went to go pick one up and the price he gave me was for the extra guard. Extended Guard is 8.97.
    I just bought the framXG at wallyworld here in MI for under $8, like $7.50 for the Camaro p/n small filter. Also picked up the QS ultimate 10-30 5qt. for $19.
    They raised the Pennzoil prices now so everytime Sarge recommends a new oil it only stays cheap for a little while.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM

Thread Information