Silver

Found the camaro I am getting. Is it good.

Alright, I think I found the camaro I am getting.
    Now is this good.

Its a black 99 camaro z28 manuel. 56k miles for 13,500.
    It has the following mods.
    *Hotchkiss Trailing Arms
    *Hotchkiss Panhard Rod
    *Hotchkiss Strut Tower Brace
    *BMR Tubular K-member
    *Bilstein Shocks and Struts
    *H & R Race Springs
    *Kenny Brown Double Diamond Subframe Connectors
    *Custom Y-pipe with High Flow Cats
    *JBA Titanium Coated Headers
    *Corsa Cat-back Exhaust
    *SLP Cold Air Induction
    *Whisper High Flow Air Lid, w/K & N Air Filter
    *Moroso Plug Wires
    *Granatelli Motorsports MAF Sensor
    *B&M Ripper Shifter
    *Brand New Dealer Installed Clutch
    *Brand New 18" Tires
    *G.M. aftermarket 3.73 gears
    *Aluminum TA differential
    *High Performance Computer Programming (Hypertech), programmer goes w/car

Well, I talked them down to 11.5k which I think is a pretty good price. Should I just go and get the car for this price?

Thanks all
    Paul

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Have you gone for a test drive yet? It's probably been ran hard...but then again isn't that why you buy a ls1? The mods are decently light which is good...i'd ditch the hypertech(crap) and get a stock maf in there though. Get a carfax on it and also go to the dealer with the vin and see the repair history on it...if they'll show it to you. 56k miles is really low for a 99, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Looks like a clean Z....check blue book for your zip code at kbb.com.Good luck

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

looks like a decent deal. I've got a 98 black Z28 with about the same miles.
    look under the rear wheel wells for rubber buildup. if you rub your hand under there and feel rubber buildup I'd pass on it. If no rubber, then it's prolly good to go. Unless he cleaned it, in which case you could tell that too.
    nice car!
    Steve
    1998 Black Z28 Pro 5.0 shifter, Borla Catback, DirectFlo Lid, !CAGS

Honestly.. You dont put those parts on a car unless you plan on running it hard

And if you have that car, and tell someoen you didnt run it, you are a fuggin liar

If you are buying this car and you plan on running it hard, what makes you think he fealt any different?

Id be more concerned about what his dyno numbers were and his track times, is there any nasty banging.. how shitty are the brakes, is his clutch gone, did he bang the rear end pretty bad, how often did he bang the gears and miss shifts etc...

If you want an unabused car, or one you can go to bed at night *thinking* that it wasnt abused, find one with less miles on it and no mods.

Shrugs. Otherwise you are getting someone elses baby. Or their problem. Its a coin toss. Just hope the rear-end is ok, and the engine is ok.. what more can you ask lol.

I myself bought my used, 99 TA 6 spd.. no mods and 14.5 on the clock. Got it for $15k flat. It was the only way I'd be able to trust thsat I was the only prick abusing it

Anyways. It's a very nice looking car. The LS1's rock. You will love it, if it's in good condition

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Have you gone for a test drive yet? It's probably been ran hard...but then again isn't that why you buy a ls1? The mods are decently light which is good...i'd ditch the hypertech(crap) and get a stock maf in there though. Get a carfax on it and also go to the dealer with the vin and see the repair history on it...if they'll show it to you. 56k miles is really low for a 99, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Looks like a clean Z....check blue book for your zip code at kbb.com.Good luck
    That's sound advice right there. The good thing about the LS1's are they're very durable for the most part. Mine has 88k hard miles on it and still runs like it was new. I agree with everything severedistortion said. I ran an hpp3 on mine for 2-3 years with no issues and noticed about 3 tenths gain out of it so I can't complain but I was also a lot dumber back then and didn't have the logging and wideband stuff that I have now so who knows how lean I was running or how much knock I had.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I don't know if I'd consider a tubular K-member to be a light mod. Sounds like someone was either all show or all go. Price seems good if it was just modded for appearance. But it probably has all new tires and a new clutch for good reason.

Otherwise I agree with severe, drive it, car fax it, check it over or take it to a mechanic.

Thread Information