Fast 92 giving me a headache

This is a discussion on Fast 92 giving me a headache within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I may have broken the line that goes from the back of the intake to ac system or heat? I ...

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

I may have broken the line that goes from the back of the intake to ac system or heat? I can't get a clear answer on what it controls but it's missing and I need a new one. Anyone know a part number or what to search under?
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

I believe you're talking about the plastic fitting in the back that controls the HVAC doors.

That's likely a dealer only piece (if they even carry it anymore) or a junkyard. Might be able to search on Rock Auto and find it possibly.... Doubt that's anything that your auto parts chain stores are going to carry.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

so if I can't find a replacement I'm losing control to direct the air when it comes out?

Yep, if it is indeed the fitting on the back of the intake you probably have noticed you lost ability to control the doors. That's the only fitting I know of back there. Likely a vacuum leak for the engine as well.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

It's not installed yet...I deleted air and egr systems since getting the fast and I have race style headers to put on. I'm just confused on what small vacuum lines to hook up because everything I took out was linked to the air system that I removed.

I don't have a clear picture of it, and not sure I've ever seen a pic on here discussing it. But I know the subject has been brought up occasionally, you aren't the first to have this problem.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Maybe it's back there and I'm just missing it. worst case my mechanics son who works for gm can look at it if I become desperate.

Is the intake on or off? If I remember right this connection is made towards the passenger side of the back of the intake.

One person I can think of that I believe has dealt with this before is Orion. Could try PM'ing him and see what suggestions he might have, he might even have a good picture of it.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

yeah intake is off currently I was gonna do heads and cam but decided after getting the intake tb and headers to just focus on suspension and rear before the big engine stuff...you are correct with it being on the passenger rear.

Is this a swap from the old intake? Are you looking for the fitting for the intake? Does your original intake not have one, not fit the FAST, or is broken?

Does FAST have the necessary vacuum port hole back there? Just trying to understand more about what's going on.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Fast has necessary hook up but the line may have broken when I was pulling the old one off. I have to double check to see if it's back there or if it broke off

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Well the only small vacuum line back there that could possibly fit the intake is in tact, sort of. It looks like the boot that slips over the valve is fractured...I might be able to salvage it and slip it over the valve.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm having a little trouble understanding what your problem is. So do you have the line that goes from your hvac controls to the back of the intake? Is that line broken or something? You can get a nipple at any parts store that will let you splice those lines back together if need be. I don't remember the size of that line....either 1/4" or 3/16" I would say.

Thread Information