Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Expensive light bulb!

This is a discussion on Expensive light bulb! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; na i just put a brand new GM switch in because the dang wires of the HCU behind the radio ...

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

na i just put a brand new GM switch in because the dang wires of the HCU behind the radio were rubbing on somthing and shorted out and burnt the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    o yea and dont be intimidated by the task of modifying the light sensor, just take 2 thin screw drivers and gently pry up the dash. then take the sensor out of its socket and cut the 2 wires going to it and wire nut them. piece of cake.
    Thats all there is to it? I thought this method rendered the trunk release button inoperative? Or it disabled something else,,,I can't recall. Any thoughts?

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

nope thats somthing else i forget what.....if you search disable headlights or somthing you will find out.

You get any snow today FBJ? we got about 3 inches near dayton, had the snowmobile out a little bit ago. where ya located?

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html

scroll down to: Disable automatic headlights only

It says stuff a wire in, to me that didnt look too effective if the wire fell out, so i just cut the socket off and spliced the wires. does the same thing.

nope thats somthing else i forget what.....if you search disable headlights or somthing you will find out.

You get any snow today FBJ? we got about 3 inches near dayton, had the snowmobile out a little bit ago. where ya located?
    I am East of Cincinnati,,,about 30 minutes south of Wilmington. I can be in Xenia in a little over an hour, I race at Kil Kare on occassion. Oh yes,,,,we did get snow, still coming down as a matter of fact, about 2-3 inches so far.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 12-05-2007 at 12:35 PM.

http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html

scroll down to: Disable automatic headlights only

It says stuff a wire in, to me that didnt look too effective if the wire fell out, so i just cut the socket off and spliced the wires. does the same thing.
    I will check this out and post back shortly,,,and see if I can make sense of it,,,thanks.

Okay,,,I don't mind the daytime running lights,,,so I will leave the module behind the radio alone. It's the headlights coming on that I want to deal with.

So according to that,,,basically I need to access the sensor and simply remove it and connect the 2 wires together. No sweat,,,I can do this later today when I get some time. Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

next time try here: www.corvetteradios.com

i got my bulb for mt monsoon cd player for my ws6 there. expensive but it works right again.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

take it easy with the dash. it came apart wayyyy easier than i thought it would tho. just dont crack it. you wont if you arn't stupid.

check out www.dayton-fbody.com they have a drag day at kilkare once a year, its awsome.

take it easy with the dash. it came apart wayyyy easier than i thought it would tho. just dont crack it. you wont if you arn't stupid.

check out www.dayton-fbody.com they have a drag day at kilkare once a year, its awsome.
    You are just simply prying up on the top section correct? Must be held with simple snap clips?

I have heard of the Fbody days put on by the Dayton club,,,unfortunately I always shyed away from that do to having to pay ahead of time to reserve a spot. With the weather the way it is in Ohio it makes a committment like that very tough.

I do go up every year though for the T/A nats drag race that Bruce Fulper was putting on, that went 10 years strong until this year, when Bruce decided to bail out due to internal track ownership problems etc....

I have a few buddies though from the Miamisburg area that I meet up there for test and tune sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information