Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Exotic Performance

Does anyone know if Exotic Performance is still in buisness? Phone rings and says mailbox full.Email comes back saying unable to deliver!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Yes, they are. The install and tuning part of the company is gone. They just sell parts now, Bob is super busy with the building change and family issues. Contact him through PM on the other site.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

What other site? - Thanks

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

What are you trying to buy? Mark @ KYSpeed.com sells everything he does and is a sponsor of this site that got you an answer

www.KYSPEED.com You can PM Mark on this site. Marksls1ta

Price matching, and sometimes even lower pricing then others. There is also that sponsor list up top in under the banner for other parts.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

took to PM

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Ron,

Do you know how to get a hold of him directly? or does anyone else for that matter. I'm not a member on tech.

My rear end axle leak is still a problem and Bob told me it was under warranty. I've tried 3 seals now with no luck and he told me he would replace my Moser axle for free come spring time. Now that isn't an option.

I don't even know that the axle is the issue....it could be the fucking axle housing!!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Im sure his message's are full, this is not the first time this has been asked. PM's should work.

Sorry to hear that Jon, Im sure he will take care of it.... somehow. Touchy situation though.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Im sure his message's are full, this is not the first time this has been asked. PM's should work.

Sorry to hear that Jon, Im sure he will take care of it.... somehow. Touchy situation though.
    Bob is a great guy and I wish him the best of luck and sorry for whatever happened ...but I was GUARANTEED to get this resolved...so regardless he owes me that.

I don't care if he doesn't install the axle...I can do that in 30 minutes. I just want a new one to replace the one he claims is probably bent or out of round which SHOULD fix my axle leak. If a new axle doesn't fix it, we'll have to discuss options at that point I guess.

I knew this would happen, but he insisted wait until Spring to come back.
    Last edited by 35th-ANV-SS; 02-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Don't start a thread yet, that's not how you want things to go. Its always in the better interested for both parties for it to be behind the scenes. Send a PM to him, start there, and then proceed.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Hi-Po - Pm where - Email - HELP

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Ron,

Do you know how to get a hold of him directly? or does anyone else for that matter. I'm not a member on tech.

My rear end axle leak is still a problem and Bob told me it was under warranty. I've tried 3 seals now with no luck and he told me he would replace my Moser axle for free come spring time. Now that isn't an option.

I don't even know that the axle is the issue....it could be the fucking axle housing!!!
    Probably a stupid question....but was RTV applied??
    Those damn things tend to leak on the Moser 9"....RTV normally fixes it.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    Hi-Po - Pm where - Email - HELP
    Ive tried sending you 3 PM's now, not working.

LS1tech.com. Good luck finding any information you need.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Probably a stupid question....but was RTV applied??
    Those damn things tend to leak on the Moser 9"....RTV normally fixes it.
    The last one I installed I used the GM black high-temp RTV on it...and it still leaked almost immediately. I let it cure 24 hours before driving the car. This was the 3rd seal that was installed.

I made a tool to install the axle seal. I haven't tried installing a 4th seal with this new tool I made yet. I will probably give it one more shot once the weather warms up before replacing the axle.

I was also going to measure the run-out on the axle...but I don't have Moser spec's so I don't know what is acceptable run-out.

I have gotten into contact with Bob over on tech. He thinks the axle is probably out of round...and it isn't the actual axle housing (let's hope). Sounds like he is still going to help me out come spring.

JM

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The last one I installed I used the GM black high-temp RTV on it...and it still leaked almost immediately. I let it cure 24 hours before driving the car. This was the 3rd seal that was installed.

I made a tool to install the axle seal. I haven't tried installing a 4th seal with this new tool I made yet. I will probably give it one more shot once the weather warms up before replacing the axle.

I was also going to measure the run-out on the axle...but I don't have Moser spec's so I don't know what is acceptable run-out.

I have gotten into contact with Bob over on tech. He thinks the axle is probably out of round...and it isn't the actual axle housing (let's hope). Sounds like he is still going to help me out come spring.

JM
    If the axle is out of round...the wheel should have a slightly noticeable wobble.
    I think.

Mine leaks a touch too. Just the design of Moser I think. If I were to do it again, I would go with the Midwest rear.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If the axle is out of round...the wheel should have a slightly noticeable wobble.
    I think.

Mine leaks a touch too. Just the design of Moser I think. If I were to do it again, I would go with the Midwest rear.
    Yeah...I would think the same, but I have no wobble or play in the wheel that I can notice. Therefore, I am almost ruling out a bad axle or a bad wheel bearing.

I did notice when I went to install the new seal myself that there was a lot of scoring (rough spots) on the inside sealing surface of the axle housing itself. These were right where the axle bearing would ride....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

And mine doesn't leak a "touch"

After going around the block the inside of my rim is covered in axle grease. If I let the car sit overnight, there will be a puddle on the bottom of the rim running down the tire and onto the garage floor.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

And mine doesn't leak a "touch"

After going around the block the inside of my rim is covered in axle grease. If I let the car sit overnight, there will be a puddle on the bottom of the rim running down the tire and onto the garage floor.
    Sadly...I would guess housing.
    Mine will have just a little grease in the wheel after a 200 mile drive. Nothing I concern myself with. I am sure a little more RTV and it would be fine.

Good luck!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sadly...I would guess housing.
    Mine will have just a little grease in the wheel after a 200 mile drive. Nothing I concern myself with. I am sure a little more RTV and it would be fine.

Good luck!
    I said this the very first time to Bob...and mentioned it again over on tech to him. His response was "I doubt it is the housing".

If we replace the seal and a new axle and it still leaks...guess what?? That's the only thing left and that would mean an entire new rear end!

The surface on the inside of the housing where the inner axle seal seats seemed to be fine.

Like I said, I have yet another seal. I'm going to use a generous amount of RTV this time, and pack the groove with grease. Hopefully it will work. If the leak was really small, I could probably live with it...even though I feel a rear end of this caliper should have ZERO issues.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I think a healthy amount of RTV will/should work. I hope for your sake it does.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

No comment on the "my sake"

I'm hoping it does too Ron!

Thread Information