candy red
    95 chevy camaro z28

Exhaust leak question

Okay i have an exhaust leak up under the hood, coming from this particular tube, dont know the name, but i had flowmaster full exhaust installed, but my car still didnt sound clean and smooth like i wanted, and a friend of mine said i probably had an exhaust leak, but not knowing much about it, i fgured it was from up under the car dealing with the installation, so i had a resonator put on, and still my exhaust wasnt sounding clean and smooth. comign to find out it was up under the hood.

So does fixing an exhaust leak, have a difference as far as the cleanness and smooth sound of your exhaust?

Black
    '97 Trans Am

Did you have the exhaust leak before you installed the flowmasters? Do you know where its coming from exactly- like is it from the exhaust pipes, exhast manifolds, etc.?

To answer your question, if you do have an exhaust leak then yeah, fixing it will make you exhaust sound better. lol

If you absolutely can't find the exhaust leak anywhere but you still here a ticking sound (which I'm assuming is what your hearing), then you might want to check for arching wires. I had a ticking sound that I thought was the exhaust but couldn't find a leak anywhere and eventually figured out my ignition wires were old and coroded and arcing.

candy red
    95 chevy camaro z28

yes the leak is coming from a tube under the hood thats old and brittle, not under the car....so i guess that little exahust leak could make a difference of how a car sounds, huh?

Black
    '97 Trans Am

Well at least you know where it is. Now its time to fix it.

Either replace the crappy part or bring it in to a shop. Replacing just on piece of the exhaust doesn't seem like it would be easy though. Can't give you any advice on how to fix it without being able to see it, and I don't know much about fixing exhausts anyway.

Guess you'll just have to figure it out

Thread Information