Thread: Exhaust

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Exhaust

ok so i have a 98 SS.. i love it 2 death.. right now all i have is drilled rotors and a flowmaster american thunder exhaust. i want to do a full exhaust.. since the motor has 100k miles on it.. dont wanna do nethin major.. id like to get the SLP headers for it.. but are they really worth it.. and should i buy high flow cats or no.. wats ur imput...??

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

pacesetter headers, no cats, get a lid for that thing quick..there cheap...dont buy slp headers.,, low ground clearance and overpriced..and slps claims are bs

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

wat bout Hooker headers.. ne good?

pewter

pretty much all of them are good besides slp...basicly want to get in your price range and wether u wanna spend the money for stainless or just get cermaic coated....cermaic coated pacesetters are the BEST bang for buck ..if u want the best reguardless of price KOOKS, or QTP are best ..but there not gonna give u much more horse than the setters ..there just higher quality and will last longer since there stainless ..u can get pacesetters for 379 plus 129 for the y pipe..then youll need o2 sims...so maybe 550 out the door ...oh ya..dont forget u NEED a tune after that .prolly another 200-400 bucks depending on the shop....if u dont get a tune your car MAY run shitty and u def WONT get all the benifiitial horsepower out of your headers......should yield about 25 rwhp on a stock car from what ive heard

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

ok sweet.. luckly there is a shop here that deals just with Fbodys n such so ill take it there for a tune.. now i just gotta save money.. and u sai dlid.. get a SLP lid for it?

pewter

really dosnt matter which lid..there all pretty much the same....go with what u lilke based on price and loooks....i LOVE the way the clear whisper lids look..think there a few bucsk more though...ANY lid will give u about 10 horse and they take 10 min to install.....by far the best bang for buck for our cars ..think u can get one for as lil as 80 bucks ...oh the carbon fiber lids look sweet to

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

After my personal expirience I recommend changing plugs and wires also when doing header swap, mine ran kinda crappy, would hesitate a little and had misfire code until I changed plugs. Runs like a champ after that.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Thread Information