Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

exhaust

This is a discussion on exhaust within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; The absolute very best sounding exhaust system for you is the one that YOU like best. You've gotta get out ...

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

The absolute very best sounding exhaust system for you is the one that YOU like best.
    You've gotta get out to the cruise nights and do your homework with your ears. You also must find out what other mods these cars have. That will make a big difference for the same system from car to car. I remember posting that I was installing Kook's LTH's and a Forum member replied that they would really wake up my Magnaflow set up. He wasn't kidding, there's a big sound difference between the stock manifolds and the Kook's.
    IMO nobody can tell you the best or worse system for sound. If they could then there would be only one system for sale.

red
    2000 trans am ws6

whe nyou switch out to LT's it rids the cats.. only way to rid the SES light is to have it tuned out.. it does no harm for it to be on though just annoying.. you can get the magnaflo catback off ebay for under 500 shipped.. not hard to install either
    eibach sportline springs,kyb shocks and struts,adj. panhard,LCAs with relocation brackets,strut tower brace, sub-frame connectors,poly motor mounts, LT headers,magnaflo catback,ORY pipe, SLP lid w/K&N, ram air mod,egr delete,PP TB,1000CFM MAF housing, LS6 intake,160 T-stat, tune by frost

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Purely subjective and you'll get lots of answers. I am very fond of Magnaflow and run their catbacks on both the Trans Am and Suburban.
    I agree its all about what you want! I have Magnaflow also...Its mellow @ Idle and screams @wot so.....? You cant win sometimes though,some guys ask me ''why didnt you get flo`s'' (Flomasters...I like my Magna`s!!! You can always go C/O to get a loud sound when needed.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Redrokit8 View Post
    The absolute very best sounding exhaust system for you is the one that YOU like best.
    You've gotta get out to the cruise nights and do your homework with your ears. You also must find out what other mods these cars have. That will make a big difference for the same system from car to car. I remember posting that I was installing Kook's LTH's and a Forum member replied that they would really wake up my Magnaflow set up. He wasn't kidding, there's a big sound difference between the stock manifolds and the Kook's.
    IMO nobody can tell you the best or worse system for sound. If they could then there would be only one system for sale.
    I can ''True'' that one! I love my Kooks Lt`s and Magnaflow set-up. No rasp here! I listened to alot of cars and ''sounds'' to get a feel on what i might want,as you said Redrokit8 its good to do your homework...also listen to cars like yours because ive heard exhaust systems on F-bodies and the same set up on a Mustang will sound completely different!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The only exhaust setup I have never liked on a car is Flowmaster. Doesn't matter what car it's on or what engine is under the hood... it sounds like crap to me every time. Other than the stupid looking wheels people tend to put on classic muscle these days, Flowmaster would be my second biggest automotive peeve.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The only exhaust setup I have never liked on a car is Flowmaster. Doesn't matter what car it's on or what engine is under the hood... it sounds like crap to me every time. Other than the stupid looking wheels people tend to put on classic muscle these days, Flowmaster would be my second biggest automotive peeve.
    OH C`mon pajeff02..you mean you dont like those 32-inch rims on modern muscle?or spinners!!or those no catted/stock-header POS jobs that make more noise in relation to their speed?....Ok im just getting you all worked up now i know !!! I hate em too!!

Primer
    1983 Pontiac trans am

Exhaust question

Wat is the cleanest set up true duals or y id like to run 3 inch ?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I really like the look of the Kooks true dual system, but it requires the use of one or two specific rear suspension pieces as well. So far, I have not heard one in person to comment on the difference.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I have a very subtle sounding exhaust on my car........

As stated, your best bet would be to try to listen to some different systems in person, and see what you like.
    pajeff02 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information