Excessive Belt problems? Check this out..

This is a discussion on Excessive Belt problems? Check this out.. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; BULLETIN NUMBER: 00-06-01-008 SECTION: 06 - Engine/Propulsion System DATE: March 2000 TECHNICAL SUBJECT: Accessory Drive Belt Squeak/Chirp Noise (Install New ...

Exclamation Excessive Belt problems? Check this out..

BULLETIN NUMBER:
    00-06-01-008

SECTION:
    06 - Engine/Propulsion System

DATE:
    March 2000

TECHNICAL

SUBJECT:
    Accessory Drive Belt Squeak/Chirp Noise (Install New Double Row Idler Pulley, Generator Bracket and Serpentine Belt)

MODELS:
    1998-2000 Chevrolet Camaro
    1998-2000 Pontiac Firebird
    Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint Y2107225 with 5.7L V8 Engine (VIN G - RPO LS1)

CONDITION
    Some customers may comment on a squeak/chirp noise coming from the accessory drive serpentine belt. The noise will be most noticeable at idle and low engine speeds.

CAUSE
    The serpentine belt squeak/chirp noise may be caused by misalignment between the idler pulley and crankshaft pulley. A slight rocking motion of the idler pulley causes the misalignment, which results in noise.

CORRECTION
    To correct this condition on vehicles built prior to the above VIN breakpoint, instal the new generator bracket, double row idler pulley and serpentine belt following Service Manual procedures.

Sited from AllDataPro.com

Ive never heard of this shit, but apparently it says our cars are prone to having shitty pulleys from the manufacturer that result in getting a new pulley setup on our car.

Part Numbers:
    12563326 Double Row Idler Pulley Assembly
    12563327 Generator Bracket
    12562626 Serpentine Belt

Has anyone been aware of this? It just so happens my lower pulley assembly is squeaking really badly lately and I replaced both the belt and the tensioner less than a year ago.

I asked my tech friend about looking up some belt sizes for me and he found a Techincal Service Bulletin on it. I asked him why I keep getting the older replacement parts for my car instead of finding these parts when searching. He said that the public doesnt really know about it, but can get these parts after they complain enough at the dealer about their belts constantly squeaking!!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have the same problem.

I want to hear from the tech guys about this before ordering parts.

Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar

black
    2000 trans am

same problem here. really not that big of a deal considering one of fords most recent bulletins is about cruise control switches on ford windstar master cylinders leaking brake fluid and burning cars down to the ground. I would just smile, put a pully on it, and be happy you dont own a ford.

Well of course, "it could be worse," but I dont want to replace this shit a 3rd and 4th time within two years...
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Mine doesnt do it all the time, mainly when its damp out.

Thread Information