Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Unhappy Epoxy Fix for Radiator

Well my T/A Decided to brake my TB Coolent hose fitting to my radiator today (on my birthday too ) It broke off at the radiator (The fitting for the TB coolent hose to hook up too) and I need to know what type of Epoxy i can use to fix this and plastic weld epoxy dose not work (Tryed That). Is there some other kind of well anything that will help me reattach the fiting and not have to worry about it brakeing on me again. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanx

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

not a place to use epoxy to fit the problem. Did it break at a weld? If So have it re welded or just get a new radiator

1998 Trans Am

right were it broke it is plastic composit so there is no weld, If it was I would have just pulled out the welder but unfortunately its not so I was hopeing to just use some epoxy to reattach the fitting to the radiator. Cause I really dont want to spend anymore money right now I just got done spending about $8500 to redo a bunch of stuff on her.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

Red
    2002 Trans am

Seems like your luck is about like mine. The day after I finished my 404 lq9 swap with tranny and rear end my stocker decided to crack! Got one from autozone for 150 bucks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

this is like one of those old game shows "finish my sentence".

epoxy fix for radiator will end badly

seriously though, you can try to epoxy it but it'll be tough to get it to last even if you get it to stick initially. In the long run it'll most likely be more of a headache than it's worth. I would recommend checking some junk yards and the for sale section of the f-body boards and try to pick up a used one to save some dollars.

p.s. Happy be-lated birthday.

1998 Trans Am

hmmm... Well I guess I have no choice but to bite the bullet on this one but I guess $150 is not that bad I was thinking more along the lines of $300-$500. I'll check out the for sale section first. Thanx for the help and the happy birthday. I'll put up a new thread of my build after I get some better pics and take care of the little problem.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

AutoZone in your area has one for under $225

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

My fried broke the coolant drain of the bottom of his... Fixed it with jb weld and its been good for 9 months.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I also thought about a short bolt coated with JB Weld

1998 Trans Am

Yeah I was thinking of trying JB weld on it but at napa they found me one for $143 yeah i was kinda happy about that but I did do a minor fix to the rad I have now, I just took some plastic weld epoxy and put it in the hole on the radiator then did the same to the coolant hose fitting that is in the coolant hose (just to block the water from comeing out of either) but dont worry it seems to be holding for now and I olny need it untill Wensday when my new rad will come in and I wont be driveing it all over (all tho I want to) probably just a couple of small trips here and there so I dont think it will be a problem. But after I get the old rad out im going to try and fix it with a metal fitting for hoses, I think im gonna drill it out a little smaller than the fittings threads then I will tap it out then I will try out different types of JB weld on hidden areas of the rad to see witch is best for adheashion then I will apply it to the threads of the fitting and install it maybe add some more around it after its installed then let it cure and i'll give it a pressure test to make sure it is all good and if it is then I have a spare radiator on hand if I need it.
    But really Thanx for all of the ideas I think I will be able to put them to good use.

Thread Information