Pewter
    '00 SS

Engine upgrades?

I have H/C/I plans for the future that I have already stated on this website. My questions is, what are the other things outside of that that I can do now or soon that will help with the H/C/I setup later?

Already have EGR/AIR delete, lid, smooth bellow, headers, catch can. Anything else such as, injectors and such?
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

You can also upgrade either your clutch if manual, or a higher stall if auto. You need to choose your cam before stall though so you can match to the powerband. You could also build your suspension and or rear, subframe connectors, etc.

The possibilities are many, just depends on your budget and priorities for the build.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Sorry. Ley me clarify. Do have a small stall and plans are for a new rear/geats ans sfc's.

Now, with that known, what engine mods?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    Sorry. Ley me clarify. Do have a small stall and plans are for a new rear/geats ans sfc's.

Now, with that known, what engine mods?
    No problem

Otherwise you will need mostly parts that you change during the HCI install: ported hi-flow oil pump, new pushrods (hardened Chromoly are best), new timing chain (LS2) and new timing gear set if your old teeth look rough, etc.

Maybe new rockers or go ahead and rebuild your old rockers with new bearings. Easier to do this while you have it apart also for the big install.

You may need 36# or otherwise larger injectors, but just depends on the power you are making during the tune. It won't hurt to go ahead and upgrade them, but there is cost to that and you will need a tune for the new injectors, and then have to re-tune when you do the HCI. It is easiest to install the injectors while you install everything else.

Pewter
    '00 SS

So I should save up for all of it at once and leave it how I have it until I can afford the entire install?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    So I should save up for all of it at once and leave it how I have it until I can afford the entire install?
    Yes IMO that will be the cheapest and/or least amount of work to do it all at once. I wish I had done new heads and intake when I did my cam.

Good luck with your build!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

BlackSS1 is right on the money. Most of the engine stuff you'll need will be easier and cheaper to do all at once with the HCI. You can do the intake/TB upgrade on a stockish engine if you're itching to work on it. You could do a LS6 PCV valley cover upgrade and the newer coolant bypass pipes/plugs at that time also.

Thread Information