Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Engine and Transmission Upgrade???

This is a discussion on Engine and Transmission Upgrade??? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok my friend is getting his car back tomorrow, He didn't get his car back sooner b/c the guy said ...

Black
    2001 Z28 Camaro

ok my friend is getting his car back tomorrow, He didn't get his car back sooner b/c the guy said he had to convert the air conditioner to the other side of the car or somethin like that. Anyway my friend said that the engine is a aluminum engine with aluminum intake and headers, well he said basicaly everything is aluminum, and he also said that the engine might be a 5.7 liter b/c it came out of a truck. that is as much information i can give on his car until tomorrow.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

why would you want an engine out of a truck in your car lol. Most of thouse engines are built for high tq and moderate hp. Which means its going to fall on its face in the higher rpm's. Your buddy is a complete moron for not knowing what is being installed in his car!

Black
    2001 Z28 Camaro

my buddy thinks since it came out of a truck it will be faster b/c it is being put into a car and a car is lighter than a truck,I don't know if this is true or not but I think i will just let him find out on his own since he is getting his car back sometime this week
    Last edited by iceman504; 03-06-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Black
    2001 Z28 Camaro

my friend got his car back today and it is a Edelbrock 350 Roller engine with performer RPM engraved on the side of the engine with a Edelbrock air filter, electric fuel pump, replaced the springs in front and in back, didn't get flowmasters but he still got dual pipes things is I don't know what brand they are, the pipes look like a medium thick steel (not very shiny and not very dull) piping and he didn't replace the rear end. Catalytic converter was removed also.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

An Edelbrock motor would be a good set-up. The drawback would be it's not going to be emissions legal,if you live in an area where that's a problem. If not then you will have to resell it(if you do) to somebody in that area,just something to keep in mind. Otherwise enjoy it! It's not a truck motor,it would be called a crate engine,and they use most of those in street rods and hot rods. Take good care of it and it will last a long time. And the import guys are talking about horsepower to weight ratio. A light weight import car doesn't need as much horsepower to accelerate as fast as a heavier car(in theory). But don't let that intimidate you,run 'em and then see who's faster. I haven't seen a import car on the street that can beat my Z-I'm sure there is one somewhere,haven't seen it yet personally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information