This is a discussion on Engine Swap within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I own a 1986 Monte Carlo ss with a carburated 305. I have headers, 2.5" corvette cat, and a 2.25" ...
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- Westminster/Sykesville, Maryland
- 2000 Trans Am
I own a 1986 Monte Carlo ss with a carburated 305. I have headers, 2.5" corvette cat, and a 2.25" dynomax catback. There isnt much more i can do to the motor that is worth it, and my gas mileage is horriable(Average 14 city). I was looking at full injection systems(Holley Stealth Ram) but that will cost me over 2 grand easily.
I am considering swapping a LQ4(Iron LS1 From a Truck) and a t56 into my car, But i have a few questions.
- What do i need besides a Engine and trans?
- I know i cant use my old headers but can i use the rest of my exuast atleast in the begining to save money?
- Will my stock 7.65" Posi Rear with 275 tires beable to handle the power?
- Estimated how much will it cost to do the swap?
- What kind of gas mileage should i expect?
- Is the LQ4 a good Base for building a Twin Turbo setup later down the road?
I may only be 17 but i am up for the challenge, I am taking Auto Tech though my highschool/tech center and might beable to do some of the work there in the shop. I just need to find a new job, Lost my old one.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)