engine noise on radio

This is a discussion on engine noise on radio within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; the battery is dead on my 02 ss (the car has 8007 miles). i jumped it off and i'm getting ...

2002 ss camaro

engine noise on radio

the battery is dead on my 02 ss (the car has 8007 miles). i jumped it off and i'm getting engine interference over the radio. seems to me i remember an old z71 truck of mine doing that and it was the altenator. i cleaned the terminals on the battery they were not too bad. also the battery will not take a charge from my battery charger. could the side mounted battery end be corroded were i cant see? like internaly. will a bad battery also do the radio noise thing. i live 20 miles from the chain auto stores that test for free so any help will be appreciated.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Take the battery to a parts store and have it's free. Typically on all the batteries I've dealt with if they won't take a charge from a charger they're shot. I will cut back a little bit of insulation on cables sometimes to see if the corrosion runs back under the insulator. I tape it back up when I'm done. Probably stuff you already knew but sometimes the little things is what gets you.

1998 Camaro Z28

id say its the alernator, or your ground wire for the radio has some corrosion.. maybe a bad battery as well... Try running a new ground for your radio by itself, rather than the ground for the harness.

Thread Information