greasy-chicken

Angry Engine Misses at idle

I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have an 01 TA WS6 LS1 that is has a slight rough idle that appears to be the engine missing slightly. It goes away and runs fine above 1000 rpm. It is driving me crazy and has gotten a little worse over the last two weeks. I just changed my plugs and wires two months ago with no problems, Im running the NGK Tr55 IX's at .06 gap and MSD wires. I had the car scanned and no codes came up. It did however say that cylinder #4 had 8 misfires. I pulled all the plugs and checked them. Some anti-seize compound had gotten near the tips of two of the plugs which I wiped off, and double checked all of the gaps and reinstalled. I checked all of the plug wires and they were fine. I still have the problem which is even worse with the A/C on. I am starting to suspect a fuel injector problem but i am not sure. I have been using 104 fuel additive. Will that stuff gum up your injectors? Any one have any ideas?
    Last edited by greasy-chicken; 08-13-2005 at 06:53 PM.

greasy-chicken

Smile Re: Engine Misses at idle

ok, well i switched out the plugs to autolight double platiums and put in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and it is purring like a kitten again. Im not sure what the problem was, but i seem to have solved it. :beer3:

99TA

Re: Engine Misses at idle

I had roughly the same problem on my 99. I'm running NGK 55's with MSD 8.5's. I put a bottle of injector cleaner in and it fixed it.

Necction
    Injector cleaner eh . . . . . where can I get that good stuff ?

Texas el es Juan Member keno2095's Avatar

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

What type of injector cleaner you guys use? I changed out my OE plugs and wires with NGK TR 55 and have Taylor Thundervolts 10.4 mm and im getting a miss eversince i did it about 2 months ago....not throwing anycode or anything though

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

I would also like to know what injecter cleaner you used!

greasy-chicken

Arrow

Well, i changed the plugs which i think was a major part of the problem, i think some plugs and injectors may have been fouled by my overuse of 104 octane boost. I used Gumont injector cleaner and it cleared up most of the problem after i changed the plugs. I just put in some Chevron Pro Gard and am hoping to make the idle completely smooth. I got rid of the NGK's, they seemed to foul easy. I put in some autolight double platnums and i run MSD 8.5 wires. The missing at idle is barely noticed, and almost non-existant. It is way better than before.

greasy-chicken

Arrow

Keno....Mine never through any codes either, but it did show some misfires....

Texas el es Juan Member keno2095's Avatar

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

Cool man thanks!

Thread Information