red
    2009 GTM

Engine Issues - bad idle/new cam

Hi - A Newbe and I am building a Factory Five GTM (If you want to see the car go to mehansen50.com under Ginny photo gallery) and for a drive train I am using an LS1 out of a 2000 Corvette. I made a few changes and when I started the engine I am having trouble. Here's what I have done. AFR heads, Fast 90, new MAF, and a new cam. The cam specs are 224.6 intake, 224.8 exhaust, lift of .567 and .568 with LSA of 114.6. It starts easily but here are my problems. It seems extremely lean as the pipes get VERY hot very quickly and it is a very rough idle. There is little vacuum at idle and if I take it up to about 1300-1500 RPM I only get about a 10 vacuum reading. It seems to be running extremely lean. Have checked both O2 sensors and they are cycling fine out of the car, but seldom get over 200 during the run. I have closed off all the smog holes and anything that I thought might be a vacuum leak to the intake manifold. Additional questions include - what should my vacuum levels be at an idle with that cam? How lopey should it be? Anyone have a car video/sound track with those cam charateristics that I can listen to? Do I need to do a re-map just to get a smoother idle? Any help would deeply appreciated - I have a Genisis but really don't know how to use it very well - Thanks Mark

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I hope this is the easiest answer ever-have you gotten a tune for it? Talk to frost he a sponsor on this sight.

Thread Information