Thread: Engin Swap ????

Red
    94 camaro

Engin Swap ????

Hey guys, im obviously new here. i've owned my 94 z28 for 13 years and $60,000 later i finally fried a cyl. now its time to step it up.... i dont want to do the LT1 anymore! im thinking its "built" LS1 or 427 time but im not sure where to start....... i have a guy whos going to build the motor, but i dont know where to start with everything else. HELP PLEASE

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I know you have to change the wiring harness and the k-member to match the LS1 motors. I think I also read somewhere that the Transmissions are physically different with the input shafts and bellhousing bolt patterns.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyKevy View Post
    Hey guys, im obviously new here. i've owned my 94 z28 for 13 years and $60,000 later i finally fried a cyl. now its time to step it up.... i dont want to do the LT1 anymore! im thinking its "built" LS1 or 427 time but im not sure where to start....... i have a guy whos going to build the motor, but i dont know where to start with everything else. HELP PLEASE
    Swapping an ls1 into an lt1 is no small feat.... Everything is different from the wiring to to the engine bolts. The cradle will have to be swapped along with the complete wiring harness and fuse boxes. You will also need to do some dash requiring to get the gauges to work properly. The trannys are also different the input shafts are not the same length Ã*nd therefore cannOt be used. If you go on google and search username "the merve" you awfully find all you need he is a member on ls1tech and has done the swap many times

Thread Information