Emerg. Brake Light on

This is a discussion on Emerg. Brake Light on within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ookay... goin about 95-100 on the highway. Slowed down rather fast for a min. to work around traffic. as soon ...

Fast95Bird

Emerg. Brake Light on

Ookay...

goin about 95-100 on the highway. Slowed down rather fast for a min. to work around traffic. as soon as i hit the brakes, my emerg. brake light on the dash came on and has stayed on for the rest of yesterday and so far all today. I have an automatic and ive checked and checked the emer. brake - (even tho i never use it) How do i get it to go off?!?

god i hate my car.

-getting a newer f-bod soon hopefully !- but for now...

thanks for checkin this thread out

Don't know the answer, but I'd check the fluid level...does the pedal feel the same? Here's a TTT for ya.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Might have a leak somewhere...when I bleed my brakes it comes on while I have the pedal down and bleeder open. Do you see fluid anywhere? Check the calipers and brake lines....in the mean time i'd be careful.

Fast95Bird
    i dunno ill try and check it out. id hoped it would stop trippin out and just go off but seemings how it's still on is a problem...thnx for the replys...anyways how would i go about checking the calipers and brake lines...i have no clue on that shit....thnx....

pewter
    99 trans am ws6

maybe its just your emergency brake switch that is touching together. you might want to check that out. its inside your console

Thread Information