Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6,3.42's

electrical issues

I have a 2000 SS with an M-6. I pulled the fuses today to check them, they all were good and I put them back in. Crank the car up later to run to town and the dash lights nor the radio display worked. Gauges were reading fine and the stereo played fine, just no lights. Also air bag light came on and stayed on. Got some new fuses cause I thought could of blowed one accidentally. Check them all again and their fine! Now the car will not start! Interior lights work and pretty sure I heard the fuel pump energize but the starter doesn't click or spin over. I would really appreciate some suggestions!

black
    2002 WS6

check the seating of all the fuses and make sure they are pressed in tight. give them all a good press.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6,3.42's

Don't know if it was a fuse not properly seated or what, but I reseated all the fuses and unhooked the negative battery terminal for about 30 minutes put it back on and fired it right up! Everything seems to be operating properly so I'm gonna take it on road and see how it goes. Thanks for your advice my friend!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6,3.42's

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    check the seating of all the fuses and make sure they are pressed in tight. give them all a good press.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout.gif

I really appreciate your taking time to respond to my situation Orcus79. You were headed in the right direction. I checked all fuses again to make sure they all were seated, removed the negative cable for about thirty minutes then hooked up again. The air bag light and service soon light went out. Yayyy! But still no dash lights and stereo display going off when the headlights come on. The only thing I didn't tell you was that when I first pulled the fuses the blades I thought looked corroded so I scraped them with the old pocket knife. I went to the local Advanced Auto picked up some new fuses and replaced the ones that got scraped and guess what? The air bag and service light went out and now dash lights work and stereo display is functioning correctly!!! Don't know what effect scraping the old fuses caused but they were not blown but somehow broke the circuit. I have raced and maintained my own cars for years. I've never considered myself good at trouble shooting electrical problems but I've never heard of anything like this. Go figure. Anyhow your advice was helpful, many thanks! Hope this might also help someone else.

Thread Information