Thread: electrical?

pewter
    2000 Z28

Exclamation electrical?

so after 3 days of trouble shooting my car after my h/c install my car still will not start. problems that i have; no spark and no fuel past the injectors. the fuel is getting to the fuel rail, but not getting past the injectors so the pump is running. i have continuity at every ground i can find(including the 3 on the back of the d/s head.) every plug i can see is plugged in. i am almost to the point of taking it in to the chevy dealership and have them figure it out . can anyone with some pretty good electrical knowledge of our lsx beauties please, please, please help me out. i really want to get this thing running and test out the knew h/c package i just installed. thanks

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Does it crank?

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

would be nice if you explained what you installed and what the trouble is in detail.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

No spark and no injector pulses - there's one common feed for that. Take your choice of tracing it out.

Get one of those 0.99 test lights and see if you've got +12V on the injectors, or look at one of the coils and see if it's there. Back up to the source which will be in the underhood fuse box. If you've got power on the fuse in there carefully check the wiring harness.

White
    98 Trans Am

If all worked before the head/cam install, most likely nothing just stopped working unless you didn't disconnect the battery and something grounded to power. I'd take a very good look around and make sure all wires and connectors are hooked up and that none are dangling. Just a side note, but you mentioned grounds on the DS...there is also 1 more on the PS. If all checks out, I agree...get an voltmeter and unplug an injector plug, then see if you get 12V while trying to crank...you might try pumping the pedal while trying.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

These are the times I wish I could have my Helm's manuals CDs where I could post a few images, working on that.

No, you can't get copies of my CDs due to copyright, you can however buy your own or get a set of real GM manuals in print for a specific car directly from them. The DC set is the best deal, costs a it more but you get all GM for a range of years.

This should not be hard to figure out. Our vehicles run with +12V going to most things and being switched to ground by the PCM. In some cases it's a +5V supply coming from the PCM. Confusing perhaps, but you people can tear engines apart in your sleep, you can certainly understand the electronics with your aptitudes.

Millions of wires, only a few to address.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

where can one go to buy those manuals that you speak of? I myself am much better with wires than engine (even though im learning the best I can) since thats what I do for a living and I would LOVE to have some manuals that could help with stuff like this.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Why not own what the dealers own?

http://www.helminc.com

Thread Information