Thread: EGR

Black
    2001 Z28

EGR

I recently finished up putting my car back together and after installing the Hooker super comp LT's i decided to block off the EGR points on the headers. However i also took out the actual EGR pump while i was at it. Since i drive a 2001 my intake lid comes with a pipe that connects to the EGR pump. I am going to order a new intake lid soon and i am curious to know if i order a lid without the EGR connection will affect anything?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I think what you are refering to is the secondary air system. Jeff wrote up an excellent thread about it - http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/seconda...=Secondary+air

Many eliminate this system from their vehicles, as long as emissions testing isn't an issue.

The EGR ties in behind the throttlebody at the intake. If I remember correctly, 2001's and 2002's do not have the EGR.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah, the AIR pump pulls air from the lower air box, through a small rubber hose on the drivers side and drops down behind the drivers head light.

the EGR is the big silver thing on the passeger side in front of the head, beside the A/C condensor, theres a metal pipe covered in black mesh that runs to the intake manifold, behind the throttle body.

like Knight said, 01 and 02 shouldnt have had EGR, only AIR

Black
    2001 Z28

Thanks for the link and your help guys. i'll be posting up pics soon of my ride. Its been out of action for 9 months so it isnt looking pretty.

Thread Information