Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

eBay rotors.

This is a discussion on eBay rotors. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; You should also look into the Yellow-stuff pads if you can afford them. Right now I am in the market ...

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

You should also look into the Yellow-stuff pads if you can afford them. Right now I am in the market for some new pads and I have been looking at those. From what I read they are way better than the "Red-stuff" pad especially for track usage.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    You should also look into the Yellow-stuff pads if you can afford them. Right now I am in the market for some new pads and I have been looking at those. From what I read they are way better than the "Red-stuff" pad especially for track usage.
    "Way better" is not the word, its just that they are more track/race oriented pad. The Red Stuff is a ceramic pad that is perfectly suited to street use and light track duty. If you're going to be tracking the car all the time, the Yellow Stuff, which is actually a kevlar pad, is better suited to that.

The downsides to the Yellow Stuff is that they may not have the "bite" of a street pad when cold (they work best when warmed up) and that they produce a significant amount of dust. They say its an "OEM" level if dust, but if you're ever seen the front wheels of a late model Ford truck with OEM pads, thats a damn lot of black, wheel staining metallic brake dust.

If you're only driving on the street or strip, hands down the Red Stuff is the better option. However, if you're going to be tracking or racing the car, there are better pads for that, Yellow Stuff being a good option.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    "Way better" is not the word, its just that they are more track/race oriented pad. The Red Stuff is a ceramic pad that is perfectly suited to street use and light track duty. If you're going to be tracking the car all the time, the Yellow Stuff, which is actually a kevlar pad, is better suited to that.

The downsides to the Yellow Stuff is that they may not have the "bite" of a street pad when cold (they work best when warmed up) and that they produce a significant amount of dust. They say its an "OEM" level if dust, but if you're ever seen the front wheels of a late model Ford truck with OEM pads, thats a damn lot of black, wheel staining metallic brake dust.

If you're only driving on the street or strip, hands down the Red Stuff is the better option. However, if you're going to be tracking or racing the car, there are better pads for that, Yellow Stuff being a good option.
    Really? I read that they have superb "bite" when cold.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

My car came with Red Stuff pads when I bought it. Previous owner installed them along with slotted front rotors. When the pads wore out, I installed Wagner Thermo-Quiets. Just as good IMO.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    My car came with Red Stuff pads when I bought it. Previous owner installed them along with slotted front rotors. When the pads wore out, I installed Wagner Thermo-Quiets. Just as good IMO.
    Oh yeah? Mine came with the red-stuff too. They are good no doubt talking from my experience owning them. I just wanted to try a new pad this time around. I actually will just wind up getting the HPS pads from Hawk since there is a deal on them. No money FTL....

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

If the Yellow Stuff is a track/race pad, then I bet it squeals like crazy when cold on the street. I've had that problem with a different pad in the past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information