Results 1 to 9 of 9

Door parts

This is a discussion on Door parts within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I need a new drivers side set of door hinges. Were can I get them from? GM? anyplaces else? Thanks...

  1. #1
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    Door parts

    I need a new drivers side set of door hinges. Were can I get them from? GM? anyplaces else? Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Whats wrong with them? Have you checked to make sure they aren't welded?

  3. #3
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    just the hinges? pocket special at the junk yard

  4. #4
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Whats wrong with them? Have you checked to make sure they aren't welded?
    No thier not welded just lots of use lol. Door drops about a half an inch when I open the door. I need to go look at it in the morning to see if the door alignment is off. Car has been in the family since new but When my step dad owned it he hit a small tree and f'd up the passenger side. I just don't know if the took the driver door off or not when they fixed it. I know they had to pull it a bit and put a new K member under it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    just the hinges? pocket special at the junk yard
    Yea good point

  6. #6
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Check the hinge bushings. You can get a rebuild kit from the auto parts store in the help section. If the pin is worn into the hinge then you have no choice but to replace them.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Check the hinge bushings. You can get a rebuild kit from the auto parts store in the help section. If the pin is worn into the hinge then you have no choice but to replace them.
    OK cool I did not know that. I will check them sunday after all the rain stops and see if thats all it is. thanks

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    421

    NBM
    1998Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Check the hinge bushings. You can get a rebuild kit from the auto parts store in the help section. If the pin is worn into the hinge then you have no choice but to replace them.
    I got a body shop to replace mine because my door dropped when I opened it. You've got to take the door off completely to replace what looked like bronze bushings. So make sure you've got a soft spot you can lay your door on so it doesn't get scratched up. After they replace the bushings the door was still alittle bit off and they have a adjustment tool that attached to the door lock post and they had it lined up in less than 5 minutes. $25 a door not bad.

  9. #9
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    I got a body shop to replace mine because my door dropped when I opened it. You've got to take the door off completely to replace what looked like bronze bushings. So make sure you've got a soft spot you can lay your door on so it doesn't get scratched up. After they replace the bushings the door was still alittle bit off and they have a adjustment tool that attached to the door lock post and they had it lined up in less than 5 minutes. $25 a door not bad.
    good to know as well, thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Power door lock doesn't work on drivers door..
    By 99RedTa6spd in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
  2. Installed door weather striping, now can't close door.
    By Street Fighter in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
  4. ***2002 Camaro Z28 Black Leather Seats, Floormats & Door Parts!***
    By aztectt in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 02:41 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 04:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •