Door hangs low?

This is a discussion on Door hangs low? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Pretty much since I have had my 2000 Trans Am, the drivers door has hung a little low. It doesn't ...

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Door hangs low?

Pretty much since I have had my 2000 Trans Am, the drivers door has hung a little low. It doesn't shut smoothly, Although it does shut.. How do I adjust them upwards? Because it is causing my t-top to leak on that side I believe.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    Pretty much since I have had my 2000 Trans Am, the drivers door has hung a little low. It doesn't shut smoothly, Although it does shut.. How do I adjust them upwards? Because it is causing my t-top to leak on that side I believe.
    I haven't had this issue personally but I heard that it has to do with the door hinge pin that its old. There is replacements on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...item484033dac8

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Does your door hang low? Does it wobble to and fro? Does your hang low?

You should be able to replace the pins and bushings and it should fix you problem.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

When you replace the pins, use a floorjack or a jackstand and a block of wood to support the door while you are replacing pins.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

does not having sub frame connectors on a high milage M6 contribute to these going out of alignment/wearing out? I'm assuming it does and waiting to get a set before I try to adjust/repair my hinges.

Steelman, let us know if you replace them and how it goes/ fixes your issue, I'm very interested in the outcome.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmX2 View Post
    does not having sub frame connectors on a high milage M6 contribute to these going out of alignment/wearing out? I'm assuming it does and waiting to get a set before I try to adjust/repair my hinges.

Steelman, let us know if you replace them and how it goes/ fixes your issue, I'm very interested in the outcome.
    i dont think not having SFC will cause an issue with a car that doesnt see track time or street racing.

NBM
    1998Z28

http://search.eastwood.com/search?w=...tool&asug=door

If your hinges aren't too worn out you use this tool to fine tune your door alignment. Most of the time you have to replace the brass bushings and then you would use this tool. I wouldn't use a wood block to hold up your door while your working on it. Find a nice padded place to lay the door on its side. These doors aren't lite.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

dark blue metallic
    2002 camaro z28

look around your area for a body shop they would probably adjust it real cheap say ten or twenty bucks. or if a tech school, or high school body shop.

Thread Information