Results 1 to 14 of 14

dont know what this is .....please help

This is a discussion on dont know what this is .....please help within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; hi @ all ! write the problem in another thread......but know i am at the end of my knowledge...... SES ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    26

    pewter metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Angry dont know what this is .....please help

    hi @ all !

    write the problem in another thread......but know i am at the end of my knowledge......
    SES codes shows :PO343,then PO342,PO336..and at least PO420....
    Car runs when its cold perfekt......without any problems
    When its warm and i would drive from a stop or i am in any gear,it feels horrible shakes with pops and backfire have no power and dies ......i can start it again and in neutral all runs good,but in any gear...under load....same problem ...
    i change the fuel filter ......the front O2.....and cut the cats ,because i read PO420 often causes cat is clogged....
    Can the code PO343 and 342 ( read its cam sensor) and PO336 ( crank sensor ) cause my problem ?
    i clear all codes when i cut the cats and now i have no codes ,but the problem is the same

    maybe a specialist here can help me ?

    i have a spezialist here in austria but i can not drive to him now anymore....150miles away.....

    greest Robert (Camaro 2001 SS 6-Speed )

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Just a thought -- check the fuse labeled "ENG SENS". Strange that those would all be throwing codes at the same time.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    26

    pewter metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    hi ! i checked it and it was ok .........thanks for your idea

  4. #4
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    The crankshaft and cam sensor could cause these issues. Have you cleared the codes (erase them) and they still came back?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    26

    pewter metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    hi ! yes they come back,so tomorow i get a crank sensor and a cam sensor....first i will change the crank sensor......anything i have to look at ? i read to look first at the harness,because its near the exhaust under the starter......thanks Robert

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Carefully inspect the wiring harness for any damage and also look at the connector to see if there is corrosion. Still seems odd to me that you are getting codes for both at the same time, idk.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertSS View Post
    hi ! yes they come back,so tomorow i get a crank sensor and a cam sensor....first i will change the crank sensor......anything i have to look at ? i read to look first at the harness,because its near the exhaust under the starter......thanks Robert
    yes inspect the wiring for melting or anything abnormal.

  8. #8
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Carefully inspect the wiring harness for any damage and also look at the connector to see if there is corrosion. Still seems odd to me that you are getting codes for both at the same time, idk.
    I had my wifes car throw both codes when the crankshaft sensor was bad. Not saying that is the case but I had seen it before.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    I had my wifes car throw both codes when the crankshaft sensor was bad. Not saying that is the case but I had seen it before.

    Interesting. We'll see how the OP makes out. If I get some time, I may take a look at my service manual to see if it says anything about one affecting the other.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    26

    pewter metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    thanks you all ! i will check it carefully......think tomorow i will get the crank sensor.....
    yes i think also about the 2 codes as i read today about the cam/crank sensor ......
    i will see it soon ......and hope my car runs strong again ....
    and for the future i will by a real time scanner.....

    robert

  11. #11
    Retired NOT tired SteveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poway, Ca
    Posts
    1,126

    SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

    I threw the P0336 code and the mechanic had to run the crank/cam relationship relearn on a Tech II machine, that solved the problem, never had it again (it has been 3 years).

    SteveC

  12. #12
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    I threw the P0336 code and the mechanic had to run the crank/cam relationship relearn on a Tech II machine, that solved the problem, never had it again (it has been 3 years).

    SteveC
    is this somthing that needs to be done everytime you change one or both sensors?

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    26

    pewter metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    mhhh what i understand its only when your PCM is custom tuned ?....i have to wait one week more,because i drive tomorow in holiday and the sensors did not come in time.....
    Last edited by RobertSS; 06-16-2011 at 01:17 PM.

  14. #14
    Retired NOT tired SteveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poway, Ca
    Posts
    1,126

    SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    is this somthing that needs to be done everytime you change one or both sensors?
    Yes, it needs to be done if you only change 1 of the sensors

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertSS View Post
    mhhh what i understand its only when your PCM is custom tuned ?....i have to wait one week more,because i drive tomorow in holiday and the sensors did not come in time.....
    Not true, worst case is that you have a damaged reluctor (sp) ring on the end of the cam shaft that rotates infront of the sensor.

    SteveC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I dont get it
    By Sarge in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 07:56 AM
  2. Dont get it
    By karpetcm in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 02:20 PM
  3. HI im new and dont know what to do?
    By bardo in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 11:52 PM
  4. i dont know why they even try?
    By 440 rwhp trans am in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •