Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

doing some maintenence tomorrow

Well tomorrow before heading to the strip I'll be doing my window motors and a new thermostat and radiator flush...can anyone give do's and don'ts for the window motors and the thermostat or any pointers? I've read all the write ups and watched and few YouTube videos so I'm fairly confident in myself just wondering if there is anything to be aware of.
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Just make sure you get all the air from the system especially if doing some track time, keep a close eye on the temp gauge. If you are changing the temp on the thermostat to a cooler one think about getting a tune to address where the fans come on and off. As far a windows I haven't messed with mine yet so not sure.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I like to fill the cooling system with the front end raised - this helps air work its way into the radiator where it can be purged. I also rock and bounce the car on its suspension to help burp the air as the system is filled. Your thermostat should have an air bleed (small hole around 1/8" in diameter) that is usually installed in the 12:00 o'clock position. Keep an eye on your temps on initial start up and make sure that the upper radiator hose warms up within the first several minutes - if not your 'stat could be stuck shut or air locked. Don't forget to also flush out your overflow bottle as it generally gets pretty nasty over time.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

We tuned for 180 degree thermostat and adjusted the fans. My current thermostat fouled so we just tubed it before I got the new one. On my old camaro if I squeeze the tube with the,rad cap off it'll purge the air so I'll be able to figure it out on my TA. Track time is 5pm so I'll have time to drive the car and monitor the temps

Thread Information