-S-howtime -S-teele (SS)™ showtimesteele99SS's Avatar

Black
    1999 SS Camaro #4,510

Exclamation Does anyone know anything about the SLP DUAL DUAL

The car i have the original owner purchased the SLP DUAL DUAL exhaust and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? Have and literature or links on it . Thanks

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

What do you need to know? What it looks like, sounds like? I have the dual duals on my TA. The only thing difference between dual duals and the slash's are the exhaust tips that come with the exhaust piping.

Quote Originally Posted by AborTivE View Post
    What do you need to know? What it looks like, sounds like? I have the dual duals on my TA. The only thing difference between dual duals and the slash's are the exhaust tips that come with the exhaust piping.
    No sir. The optional dual dual setup from SLP also includes a different muffler as well as an I-pipe I believe,,,and is the same system SLP advertises a 10 HP increase with when you bought these cars new.

This is also the same system used on the CME cars as well, with the obvious change being the center mount tips.

If you have the dual dual tips it could be one of three things.

Either someone just stuck the tips on the car......

Or you have the optional SLP catback dual dual setup.....

Or someone stuck a loudmouth setup on the car,,,which uses the same tips.

A real dual dual car will have a very distinguishable crossflow muffler that is very different from the standard production crossflow mufflers.

Black
    1999 SS Camaro #4,510

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    No sir. The optional dual dual setup from SLP also includes a different muffler as well as an I-pipe I believe,,,and is the same system SLP advertises a 10 HP increase with when you bought these cars new.

This is also the same system used on the CME cars as well, with the obvious change being the center mount tips.

If you have the dual dual tips it could be one of three things.

Either someone just stuck the tips on the car......

Or you have the optional SLP catback dual dual setup.....

Or someone stuck a loudmouth setup on the car,,,which uses the same tips.

A real dual dual car will have a very distinguishable crossflow muffler that is very different from the standard production crossflow mufflers.
    i have the optional DUAL DUAL i still have the original window sticker, i just cant find any info on it really accept that it has a good flow and its good for high horsepower cars that don't want to be "LOUD" . I want to change my exhaust but if its such a rare peice then i feel obligated to keep the original on lol

Quote Originally Posted by showtimesteele99SS View Post
    i have the optional DUAL DUAL i still have the original window sticker, i just cant find any info on it really accept that it has a good flow and its good for high horsepower cars that don't want to be "LOUD" . I want to change my exhaust but if its such a rare peice then i feel obligated to keep the original on lol
    Once you get into the 3 inch single catback systems they will all perform nearly identical. The SLP dual dual system works just as well as any other 3 inch catback out on the market. Plenty of mild 11 second street cars still using it.

It really comes down to what you want for sound and what you can put up with. If you are worried about originality you can always hang it on the wall and keep it around,,,then go for something else you might like better.

Is it a rare piece??? Maybe,,,I'm not sure on that one. With everyone sticking catbacks on their 4th gens I wouldn't be surprised if the SLP dual dual does become rare and hard to find. I'm pretty sure the muffler is no longer made so it only stands to reason.

Both of our 4th gens have this optional system as well,,one with the CME. I like the sound. Once headers are installed and cats removed it has a rather livable tone that even my wife can deal with,,,only grabs attention when getting aggressive on the throttle.

I'd just go with what ya like and enjoy

Black
    1999 SS Camaro #4,510

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Once you get into the 3 inch single catback systems they will all perform nearly identical. The SLP dual dual system works just as well as any other 3 inch catback out on the market. Plenty of mild 11 second street cars still using it.

It really comes down to what you want for sound and what you can put up with. If you are worried about originality you can always hang it on the wall and keep it around,,,then go for something else you might like better.

Is it a rare piece??? Maybe,,,I'm not sure on that one. With everyone sticking catbacks on their 4th gens I wouldn't be surprised if the SLP dual dual does become rare and hard to find. I'm pretty sure the muffler is no longer made so it only stands to reason.

Both of our 4th gens have this optional system as well,,one with the CME. I like the sound. Once headers are installed and cats removed it has a rather livable tone that even my wife can deal with,,,only grabs attention when getting aggressive on the throttle.

I'd just go with what ya like and enjoy
    yeah i came acrossed production totals and there were 1,398(29%)of SS cars that were ordered , and 1 of 66 black automatic t-tops that came with the DD Exhaust lol i love this PDF i found you can really break it down lol
    Last edited by showtimesteele99SS; 02-18-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by showtimesteele99SS View Post
    yeah i came acrossed production totals and there were 1,398(29%)of SS cars that were ordered , and 1 of 66 black automatic t-tops that came with the DD Exhaust lol i love this PDF i found you can really break it down lol
    Thats interesting. I've never been able to break it down that far.

My 02 SS convertable in navy blue metallic and auto trans is one of only 59 produced.
    Thats as far as I could go with it,,,I would like to know how many of those 59 had the optional CME exhaust like mine though as well as a load of other SLP goodies it came with.

I was able to break my wifes 2000 SS T-top 6 speed car down to 1 of around 600 made in sebring silver. It too has the optional dual dual exhaust (minus the CME) as well as some other SLP options.

Just can't seem to get past the paint and transmission options.

Navy Blue
    98-Camaro SS.

Here's what it looks like on my CME when I took it off the car.
    Last edited by 98CamaroSS; 04-14-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Thread Information