DMH Cut-Out

This is a discussion on DMH Cut-Out within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I talked to DMH and ordered Cut-Out kit for my 2002 Collector Edition Trans Am. I was told it would ...

Collector Yellow
    2002 C.E. T/A 1 of 488

Angry DMH Cut-Out

I talked to DMH and ordered Cut-Out kit for my 2002 Collector Edition Trans Am. I was told it would be shipped and should arrive by Tuesday July 31. I've called them, e-mailed them & just sent a letter (snail mail) to them. How can a company do business like this!!! Is there any other GOOD cut-outs made in the USA?
    DAMM THEM!! D.M.H.; 12532 New Hope White Oak Station Rd., Georgetown Ohio 45121 phone# 937-444-0900

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

How long has it been since you placed the order?

Collector Yellow
    2002 C.E. T/A 1 of 488

Friday morning July 27th, They're not that far away from me.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Give it a couple more days. There is some processing involved.

Dave is a good guy, dealt with him in person on several occasions. Makes an excellent product as well. Been running his cutouts for 6-7 years now without a single issue.

He does literally make them on the spot (widdled mine out of a chunk of aluminum and had them in my hands the very next day)

There could be a tie up with shipping or some other confusion but I'm sure you'll get them.

Collector Yellow
    2002 C.E. T/A 1 of 488

I thought DMH was a Company ? WOW, I think I can wait a little longer. Thanks Mr. Jones !!!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I ordered mine through Texas speed and they told me it can take 4 weeks turn around sometimes with them since they are pretty busy now.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by beirutvet83 View Post
    I thought DMH was a Company ? WOW, I think I can wait a little longer. Thanks Mr. Jones !!!
    Well, I guess it is a company so to speak (I'm sure he has a license at least), he just works on his own at home. He set up a nice shop on his property and has a CNC machine out there (maybe 2 but I can't remember) and he literally builds these things per order (at that time anyway) but he's been doing this for years.

He used to sell through Summit but I think they had a falling out, something about Summit trying to dictate the selling price so he dropped them.

You'll be happy when you get them. Good quality and a stand up guy. Super nice I thought. Wanted me to swing by with my chevelle after I got them installed, he wanted to hear it. He had them installed on every car he owned, even a pickup truck that his wife drove. She jumped in and fired it up to show me while I was there, I got a kick out of that. Just a great couple to talk to, can't say enough about them.

Collector Yellow
    2002 C.E. T/A 1 of 488

After getting Cutout installed last week, i drove to the Trans Am Nationals on Dayton Ohio expecting to try cutout. I let it set overnight went to Nationals the next morning tried it and it blew a 25A fuse. Rechecked wiring and blew another fuse. 5 fuses latter I decided to wait untill I got home to recheck eveything. Ran a bench test on motor and it's NO GOOD!!! WTF, Shipped motor back to DMH TODAY...I'm so disappointed to say the least!!! Talked with enough people about DMH and they are a poor cutout, even the Y pipe is cheap! Once again I tried calling him several times but, NO ANSWER & left phone #. Will see if he honors his warrenty and if I get a working one back quickly! DAMM HIM!!!!
    LIFE MEMBER OF:
    Beirut Veterans of America
    V.F.W. Lapeer Post# 4139
    Patriot Guard Rider-Michigan
    www.TogetherWeServed.com
    ASSC. Member of:
    Nav Nuc Weps Asso.
    www.navynucweps.com
    Pontiac Oakland Club International/ WideTrackers
    National Firebird & Trans Am Club

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

I have the DMH Dual E cutout and I love them! It was a little pain getting them delivered cuz they day he would say he would send it didn't get done due to him waiting for the correct size pipe to get to him. I had them both installed and they have been working perfectly. I haven't had one problem with them, Ive had them about 4 months now

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

WOW

Thread Information